Dai Gyakuten Saiban to be localized officially as The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles

F5860995-F56F-4D0B-AAC0-5B50F5E755E2.jpeg

Years after the games’ original releases on the Nintendo 3DS, Capcom is finally ready to bring the two Dai Gyakuten Saiban games over to the west. Set to package the two previously Japan exclusive games, The Ace Attorney Chronicles will see an official translation and localization of The Great Ace Attorney and The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve. Both titles take place in the same universe as other Ace Attorney games, but these are set in the 20th century. Fan translation projects have been in the works for years now, with the first game being entirely playable start to finish in English. The official translation will launch on July 27th, for PC, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 4, priced at $39.99. A physical copy will be available, but will be limited to the Switch platform.

Get ready to cross-examine your opponents and reason your way to justice in The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, releasing for the first time in North America and Europe on July 27.Announced today in a video message by Shu Takumi, Director of the Ace Attorney series, the collection tells the story of an ancestor of Phoenix Wright, the protagonist of the iconic Ace Attorney courtroom adventure series. In The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, players take on the role of a defense attorney to track down evidence, argue in court and ensure a just ruling. Featuring newly recorded English voices, The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles includes The Great Ace Attorney: Adventures and The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve, both previously only available in Japan. The collection will be available for MSRP $39.99 on Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Steam. A digital bundle featuring both The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy is available on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Steam for MSRP $59.99.

:arrow: Source

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
sans eggman
eggman is sans confirmed???

Also "male characters, sans eggman CAN'T wear pants" is pretty funny
Also, this technically means eggman is the only sonic character with a dick(on the topic of useless sonic facts, eggman is a feminist, and in boom, knuckles is a feminist)

Last edited by Julie_Pilgrim,
Reactions: Seliph and banjo2

DannX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Really looking forward to this. Had the opportunity to play the first Daigyakuten on 3DS thanks to the fan translation and it was just as fantastic as every other game in this franchise. I'm thrilled to revisit that now and continue into the second to its conclusion. Also it seems there's new special mini-episodes in this game. Great.

My god July 27th is becoming my second birthday: Neo TWEWY, Samurai Warriors 5, and now this. Also in July there's Skyward Sword HD, Monster Hunter Stories 2, and Cristales. Best summer ever.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Great. The investigations will probably take place in Chinatown, Washington. Will be lovely to see just how much they will mangle this.

boots_n_cats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great. The investigations will probably take place in Chinatown, Washington. Will be lovely to see just how much they will mangle this.
If it doesn't take place in LA it will be completely unplayable. Ace Attorney is set in LA, like how every Stephen King book is set in Maine.

Last edited by boots_n_cats,
Reactions: MarkDarkness

MagnesG

GBAtemp Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If later we found out that the translations have some problems like unnecessary censoring or offbase wordings, can we expect fan translated mod patch to exist later on?

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If it doesn't take place in LA it will be completely unplayable. Ace Attorney is set in LA, like how every Stephen King book is set in Maine.
Thank you for correcting me. That was an egregious oversight. It's community members like you that keep this place at the highest standard.

Phearoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody know if these two are any good? While I like the series, the quality varies greatly from case to case. I don’t recall enjoying the 3DS one I played at all...

These two are made with Shu Takumi as director, just as the original 3, if that means anything to you.

Reactions: DS1

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anybody know if these two are any good? While I like the series, the quality varies greatly from case to case. I don’t recall enjoying the 3DS one I played at all...
I've played the first game and the first 3 cases of the 2nd, they're both pretty good. I'd say the first game has one stinker but so far the 2nd game doesn't.

Reactions: Phearoz and DS1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: So true