Gaming Dai Gyakuten Saiban crashes after launch (prefetch abort)

porygon3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello

I have downloaded the game from like 5 different sources, even converted a .3ds file to .cia and the same thing happens every time... Also I did the seed thing with FBI and no luck...

Also I haven't applied the translation patch, attached is the .dmp file, I have B9S, Luma is updated....

Any idea what's going on?...

Attachments

• crash_dump_00000000.zip
    478 bytes · Views: 146

c4388354

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have a "SD:\luma\titles\000400000014AD00\" folder on your SD card?
if so, can you rename / move the folder elsewhere and try starting the game again?

this folder is where a 'LayeredFS' patch can be applied and luma will try to load it on game start,
if you have data in this folder, it might be interfering with the game when it starts.

Last edited by c4388354,

porygon3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
do you have a "SD:\luma\titles\000400000014AD00\" folder on your SD card?
if so, can you rename / move the folder elsewhere and try starting the game again?

this folder is where a 'LayeredFS' patch can be applied and luma will try to load it on game start,
if you have data in this folder, it might be interfering with the game when it starts.
Thanks for the answer

Nope, there is no folder with that name

Also, I attached pictures of the error

Attachments

• IMG_20180928_064504.jpg
    IMG_20180928_064504.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_20180928_064509.jpg
    IMG_20180928_064509.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 144

cihalfaon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've played this game (no patch) on Luma. I found it on that iso site and didn't install the update, either. Had no problems, on either a U or J system.

Did you install the update (for the game, not Luma)? If so, maybe that could be the problem... somehow (?). If not, I doubt it will help, but you could try installing the update and see if it gives the same error after.

porygon3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've played this game (no patch) on Luma. I found it on that iso site and didn't install the update, either. Had no problems, on either a U or J system.

Did you install the update (for the game, not Luma)? If so, maybe that could be the problem... somehow (?). If not, I doubt it will help, but you could try installing the update and see if it gives the same error after.
I haven't installed the update because I can't seem to find it anywhere :\

cihalfaon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, I never considered that angle :\ No, it doesn't load any other Japanese games, same error
Generally, almost all Japanese games (with the exception of a handful, like Mujura no Kamen/Majora's Mask) should load fine under Luma without any special settings, since it's meant to automatically bypass region protection. The extra region settings are for the few the automatic bypass doesn't work for, IIRC.

In other words, you shouldn't need any region emulation settings to get Luma to work with DGS, or probably any other games you've tested. It sounds like either 1) something is wrong with your Luma/CFW install, or 2) you have some unusual settings or other things installed that don't play nice with Japanese games.

porygon3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Generally, almost all Japanese games (with the exception of a handful, like Mujura no Kamen/Majora's Mask) should load fine under Luma without any special settings, since it's meant to automatically bypass region protection. The extra region settings are for the few the automatic bypass doesn't work for, IIRC.

In other words, you shouldn't need any region emulation settings to get Luma to work with DGS, or probably any other games you've tested. It sounds like either 1) something is wrong with your Luma/CFW install, or 2) you have some unusual settings or other things installed that don't play nice with Japanese games.
Really weird

OK, I'll keep investigating, thanks for the help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back