OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Daedalus Lives!

Wally has picked up the seemingly silent StrmnNrmn Daedalus project and has issued R14 beta.

Newcomers should know Daedalus emulates the Nintendo 64 console; it’s in the beta stages of development and many roms aren’t playable. Although, you should still give it a shot — Daedalus deserves it.

Longtime readers — R14 exhibits some improvement, but is said to be slightly buggier. You win some you lose some.

Daedalus R14 changes:

* A bit of ME support
* A tad faster
* A bit buggier.
* New Icons etc

Known issues:

* Debug menus popup - these are bypass-able by pressing the SQUARE button and shouldn’t be very often.

Download here: http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1481

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it would be a good idea to mention that this is an N64 emu for the PSP, before a wave of n00bs start freaking the fuck out about an N64 emu on the DS.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wally's Daedalus? What happened to Strmnnrmn? Did he stop and give the project to Wally, is he Wally or are it just different versions like with the Snes9X emulators?
Anyway, good to see Daedalus is still alive, but I wonder if Strmnnrmn is still working on it and why he hasn't updated is blog since last year...

pikadude1006 said:
I think it would be a good idea to mention that this is an N64 emu for the PSP, before a wave of n00bs start freaking the fuck out about an N64 emu on the DS.
Lol yeah, "How do I run .DS_Store files from my R4?".
tongue.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They're playable to an extent, but definitely not enjoyable since it's slow and the textures still suck.

Forget the PSP, when are we gonna get an N64 emulator for the Wii?

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'll be another 3 years until this emulator gets going good.
Good try though. Had R13 also, and Zelda OOT worked alright just took 5-10 mins to get it started...

I'd rather see a better Wii N64 emu also.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I run .DS_Store files from my DSTT?!??!

tongue.gif

I'm glad to see this is still alive and kicking. I was throwing custom firmwares around on a couple of friends PSPs a bit back, and Daedalus was just in its first run... i REALLY thought it was going to die off heh.

Mmm, and my magical Leprechaun-delivered premade Pandora battery will be showing up within the next week or so, then i'm back into the local PSP-hack scene. (and i don't even have a PSP for myself... yet
tongue.gif
)
(figured it'd be a good idea to get my own JigKick battery, rather than stealing my friends PSP and converting his over and over again...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome