Hardware D2Pro9 with wii-clip help

EMKO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I need some help to choose which one to get. I have no idea what chip i have. on wiidrives.com i got

* There is a 50% chance the chipset is GC2-D2C (v1).
* And there is also a 25% chance the chipset is GC2-D2C2 (v2) and the drive has the new metal clip.
* Lastly, a 25% chance the chipset is GC2-D2E.

so my question is since V2 doesn't do d2e should i get v3 and if i have d2c will it work with v3?

i see this one D2E D2PRO9 V3 + Presoldered Wii-Clip V4C-2
http://www.canadamods.ca/store/index.php?a...mp;productId=54

but it says

We recommend this version for D2E chipset wiis only. If you have a d2c/d2c2 the V2 will work better.

is the wii-clip soderd differently depending on the wii chip or are d2c,d2c2 and d2e soderd the same?

i would open my wii and check but they have some crazy screws i have want to order the screwdriver and the chip at the same time
smile.gif

ModchipCentral

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is just a fw issue with the D2Pro that makes the disc inch in on D2C / D2C2 consoles. It does not do it on all, just some.

If I were you, I would just order the D2Pro9 V3 with the D2Prog, and if it you have a D2C console and the disc only inches in, you can flash it with their update that was released today at www.d2pro.com

As well, feel free to check us out at www.ModchipCentral.com
smile.gif

EMKO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what about the solder? does the chip have to be solder on differently depending on the wii chip? or are d2c/d2c2 and d2e all sodered on the same way to the wii-cliP?

EMKO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i ask this because on your site

Wii Chipset (only matters if you choose the soldered on option)

it gives me 3 options for d2c/d2e/dms

if i choose d2e will to still work on d2c/d2c2 if i use the programmer to put the new FW?

ModchipCentral

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The reason we now separate the D2E from D2C / D2C2 on the Wiiclip bundles is because if you have D2C / D2C2, we flash it with the new firmware released yesterday. Utility discs contain update 1.6

EMKO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NeSchn it is solder on the wii-clip its just that if you have d2e he leaves the fw alone but if your going to use it for d2c/d2c2 he will flash it with the new fw. I believe the new fw only lets the d2pro9 v3 work with chips below d2e.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
EMKO said:
NeSchn it is solder on the wii-clip its just that if you have d2e he leaves the fw alone but if your going to use it for d2c/d2c2 he will flash it with the new fw. I believe the new fw only lets the d2pro9 v3 work with chips below d2e.
Yeah I know, I actually just got done looking at it lol. I feel stupid now, My brothers friend just ordered one for his D2C the day before the new firmware came out... I am installing for him so guess I will just update it myself. Or if I can't do it myself (which probably won't be a problem) I could probably send it back and as ModchipCentral if we could exchange for one thats updated. But I really don't think it will be a problem.

enigmaxp83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NeSchn said:
EMKO said:
Yeah I know, I actually just got done looking at it lol. I feel stupid now, My brothers friend just ordered one for his D2C the day before the new firmware came out... I am installing for him so guess I will just update it myself. Or if I can't do it myself (which probably won't be a problem) I could probably send it back and as ModchipCentral if we could exchange for one thats updated. But I really don't think it will be a problem.

Bummer. I did the exact same thing. Ordered mine from modchipcentral. I just bought the d2pro. v3 w/ wiiclip for my d2c2 a few days before the new firmware came out and I'm experiencing the inching problem.

I'm a bit confused though. Wondering if anyone has the answer to this: Do I need the d2prog chip to update the firmware and is that different from the 1.6 utility disc? Do they both provide the same update function or are they both necessary to have the latest firmware functionality for the d2pro v3?

In the meantime, my workaround for the problem is to leave a disc in the wii at all times. I usually experience the inching problem only when I eject a disc and then turn off my wii. When I turn it on again it makes clicking sounds and very slowly pulls in the disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wsg boys