D2Pro9 and WiiClip?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by kevenka, Jun 14, 2008.

Jun 14, 2008

D2Pro9 and WiiClip? by kevenka at 2:40 PM (1,100 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. kevenka
    OP

Member kevenka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I been reading a lot of forums and it seems as though people buy both the d2pro9 with the wiiclip...but the question is, Why? I mean, wouldn't you just need to get the d2pro9 to play backup games? What is the purpose in getting a wiiclip aswell?
    Thanks,
    Kevin

2. teknecal

Newcomer teknecal Member

Australia
    Yes, if you are experienced with soldering you only need the d2pro. Otherwise you can grab a Wiicllip which you fit the d2pro into, solder the d2pro to the Wiiclip (some companies offer this done for you) and then you simply fit the Wiiclip over one of the chips in the Wii. Therefore you don't have to actually solder anything to the Wii and there almost no chance of breaking anything.

3. kevenka
    OP

Member kevenka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ah, Very convenient...So you are saying the Wiiclip is mainly an accessory to help you add on the d2pro without actually soldering it?

4. Binary Maestro

Newcomer Binary Maestro Newbie

United States
    Yes, You may have gotten wiiclip and wiikey confused... Wiikey is a modchip, yes. But wiiclip is a solderless adapter for the chip (in this case the D2pro9). Some people don't recommend the wiiclip because you may have some connection problems, (but you pretty much get that with any solderless way). Dont get me wrong wiiclip is the best out there and its alot better than the flexfit. But solder is alot better if you can. If not buy the wiiclip.