Hardware D2Pro chip - What to install to use USB loader?

Fehrmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I've tried to get an understanding on the modding and I WISH I didn't have that stupid chip
hate2.gif
. All guides are about softmodding, but I can't find any that deal with wii's having chips. Can anyone tell what I need to install? I want to be able to use USB loader (ext. hdd) THAT's all, don't care about wads or anything. If anyone has modded their chipped wii I'd LOVE to hear from u
bow.gif
!
And also - The guy I bought it from said it was a D2Pro chip - I don't know if that's true and don't know what version - Can that be found somewhere (when wii is on TV) or must I take it apart to check it?? It's got the stip out on the back. ANY help appreciated!! Regards Liz
frown.gif

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a wii with a D2Pro and I soft-modded it...

It is exactly the same process. Just don't update your wii... you may loose all-region gameplay function.

You can also update the firmware in your D2Pro... Google it. This prevents non-region updates (or all updates).

Fehrmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks :-) I've already installed updates when it was online (wi-fi) will that be a problem? And is that what you actually mean by updating or is it updating manually via sd-card?
How do I determine which chip (and version) I have?? I need to be sure before looking for firmware upgrades. Thanx :-))

MyGen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Having a hardmodded wii is completely irrelevant as to what softmod process to do.
Just follow the regular guide, and pretend you don't even have a modchip, it'll make zero difference.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fehrmann said:
Thanks :-) I've already installed updates when it was online (wi-fi) will that be a problem?

Only if you want to play burnt cd's that aren't for your consoles region through the disc channel.
If you do then you can use priiloader to patch the system menu.

Fehrmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I'll do that just ignore that I have the chip :-) But just for curiosity, HOW do I find what chip is inside? Then I'd look it up to see what features it offers. Regards Liz - oh and by the way - Is there any way to back up the "settings" that my wii has now? Just to be able to "roll back" changes??

MyGen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you follow the guide, one of the very early steps is to install Bootmii and make a NAND backup.
If you are able to install Bootmii as boot2, you will effectively prevent your wii from being 'unrecoverable', as you will nearly always be able to restore your NAND backup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all