D2CKEY+wii-clip for $30+shipping

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jeklnoo, May 30, 2008.

1. jeklnoo
    OP

jeklnoo GBAtemp Fan

Oct 20, 2006
    United States
    someone has paid for the two sets already. this topic can be closed now.

2. jeklnoo
    OP

jeklnoo GBAtemp Fan

Oct 20, 2006
    United States
    Nobody's interested? [​IMG] I guess everyone already has a modchip, or maybe d2ckey is too old and crappy compared to all the new expensive modchips nowadays? I guess I'm just not willing to spend $50 on a chip and then $50+ to get it professionally installed.

3. my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2008
    United States
    I'm interested if you can get enough people for this.

Will this work on a launch Wii or does this only work on the newer ones?

4. jeklnoo
    OP

jeklnoo GBAtemp Fan

Oct 20, 2006
    United States
    unfortunately d2ckey is only for newer wii's. launch wii's you can get something like this, which doesn't even need soldering, and is even cheaper. but it might take a little work on your own to figure out how to program it etc. i haven't looked into it, since I have a later wii.

5. Jack-Of-Trades

Jack-Of-Trades GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2008
    United States
  6. ModchipCentral

ModchipCentral GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2007
    Canada
    FlexPCB and Wiiclip are 2 different things...

7. jeklnoo
    OP

jeklnoo GBAtemp Fan

Oct 20, 2006
    United States
    Yes, I want wii-clip, not FlexPCB.

8. my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2008
    United States
    I've never seen that before. May have to look into that one some more, especially since its a solder free item. Thanks for showing that item, heck for $26, its not much of a loss if I cant figure out how to program it.

9. mxconsoles

mxconsoles Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2008
  10. jeklnoo
    OP

jeklnoo GBAtemp Fan

Oct 20, 2006
    United States
    uk based = hecka expensive for people who pay in USD. your wiiclips are almost FOUR times the cost for me as from volumerate [​IMG] (19.6 GBP = $38.6, volumerate = $11.6)

11. fabulo

fabulo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2008
    United States
    good try? the group buying is a good idea...i want be one of you, but how you gonna send to us separately?

12. jeklnoo
    OP

jeklnoo GBAtemp Fan

Oct 20, 2006
    United States
    I will buy at the bulk rate, have them shipped to me together from hong kong, then I will use USPS to ship them separately out to you guys, probably in well-padded envelopes.

So far I've got 3 requests (me, fabulo, and one other person). That's enough to get them for $31 + shipping to you, so I think I'll wait until the end of this week, and if no other replies I will go ahead and put in the order. The estimate is I will receive the parts in 1-2 weeks, then I will ship them to you which will take probably under a week for USA orders, and 1-2 weeks for outside North America. I'll PM you with details around Friday or so to let you know how it's gonna go.

13. Urza

Urza hi

Jul 18, 2007
    United States
  14. jeklnoo
    OP

jeklnoo GBAtemp Fan

Oct 20, 2006
    United States
    UPDATE: I've gotten no reply from the two people who said they were previously interested. I went ahead and ordered anyway, so I've got 2 sets of d2ckey+wii-clip available for sale for $30 + shipping, if anyone is interested.