D2CKey vs Wasabi

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by RGSPro, Jun 7, 2008.

Jun 7, 2008

D2CKey vs Wasabi by RGSPro at 11:07 AM (4,112 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. RGSPro
    OP

Newcomer RGSPro Newbie

United States
    So I have been waiting and I think its time to get a Wii chip. I have determined that I have a D2C drive and have narrowed my options down to the Wasabi and the D2CKey. I am planning on getting the Wii-Clip version with either because I don't want to solder on those tiny pins on the chip, and so far the only thing I can tell as far as a difference between the two chips will be the price.

Will I notice any difference or should I get one or the other? The D2CKey has more solder points, but since im getting the Wii-Clip thats not necessarily a deterrent for me.

Any help, suggestions or advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

2. Koekje

Member Koekje GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    D2pro is also a nice option, got that one too, no updates and plays all games so far (tried almost every game which does exist for the Wii, also from other regions) straight from the start. Otherwise i recommend the D2Ckey. Oh, and soldering is something i suggest too rather then using a Wiiclip. When you solder it, it's much more stable.

3. RGSPro
    OP

Newcomer RGSPro Newbie

United States
    I went with the D2Pro9. I did some more research and it basically looks like a D2C2 Compatible Wasabi replacement- all the same features, etc.