d2ckey and wii problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by lulzitano, Jun 3, 2008.

Jun 3, 2008

d2ckey and wii problem by lulzitano at 10:00 PM (1,107 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. lulzitano
    OP

Newcomer lulzitano Newbie

Angola
    Hi

I have a modded d2ckey wii for about one month. Pal version firmware 3.2E

In the first 2 weeks everything run smooth and it would load either backups or originals. i'm using verbatim -r 4x with img burn giving me a 99.3% quality

On the third week, i began experiencing problems with the unable to recognize disc, starting with no more heroes PAL copy, and then with both originals and copies. When i insert a game it starts spinning like it would load, and then stops.

i tried unplugging power, resetting, unplugging for 1 hour.

The wii wasn't been moved so i contacted the guy who modded my wii, got to his house, and according to him, he checked for bad connections but couldn't find any, and his backups run fine on my wii.

I got home and everything was running fine again.

Althought yesterday it happened again, starting with my original pes 2008, and now it wouldn't load copies or originals.

Anyone have a clue about what's happening here? [​IMG]

2. Defiance

Member Defiance oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...

United States
    Is the laser dying out?

3. tredes

Member tredes GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    do you know what the guy who modded your wii did with it while he had it, before it was working again?

maybe try leaving it unplugged for a while or something...it sounds like a laser issue..

4. klyick

Newcomer klyick Advanced Member

United States
    The lasers DON'T die. However, it is possible that they can be obscured by dust.

5. lulzitano
    OP

Angola
    Aparently the guy just opened it to check if there was any broken connection and to see if the laser was dirty.

This only happened when i got the chip since everything was working fine before it.

although the guy told me it was a d2ckey there are some issues like this one with d2pro, gonna check it and if it's a d2cpro i will ask the guy to update to the newer firmware who solves this issue and allows dvd upgrade.

Btw, yesterday before leave it unplugged for a bit it worked again with copies and originals [​IMG]

6. lulzitano
    OP

Angola
    I'm having this problem again, although now it seems even stranger, when i turn on my wii and insert a disc, my d2ckey red light turns on and doesn't turn off even if the disc doesn't read :| and sometimes a green light comes and doesn't fade away either. any clue?