d2b chipset with cut legs

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wiimii, Jul 25, 2007.

Jul 25, 2007

d2b chipset with cut legs by wiimii at 12:08 PM (1,692 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. wiimii
    OP

Member wiimii GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    ive got a wii with the d2b chipset with cut legs , ive modded a few wiis before however this looks far too hard for me to do ,, does anyone know where my friend can take his wii ,(including the wiikey ) to have it installed? please help

2. thehive

Newcomer thehive Member

3. wiimii
    OP

United Kingdom
    thanks but will they let me supply the wiikey chip as im a bit strapped for cash at the moment thus lowering the price of the install?????

4. pinesal

Member pinesal GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Any place based in the United States do the same thing?

5. wiimii
    OP

United Kingdom
    i gave this website a call http://ukgameconsoles.co.uk/ (the one i bought my wiikeys from)
    and they said my mate could send wii and the modchip to them and they would knock the price of the chip (£18.00) of the total install service (£75)

The installation is including pickup and delevery service, with the wiikey supplied they do it for (£57) which isnt bad at all concidering the shipping both ways is £20 included [​IMG]

6. wiimii
    OP

United Kingdom

im not sure mate but i am sure that there will be a danm site more services going than in the uk , do a search

7. helba

Newcomer helba Advanced Member

Canada
    I do it, www.phuongmods.com located in Ottawa, Canada, pics of my repaired leg jobs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

these 2 are same install, different angles.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

on the new D2B point 3 missing
    [​IMG]
    after
    [​IMG]

and last one
    [​IMG]

I don't use dremel, that really voids your warranty more then it is already voided [​IMG].

8. wiimii
    OP

United Kingdom
    helba ..
    could you tell me the process for rebuilding the pins again? what iron tip do you use and also , do you just tin the wire and just tap it on to the leg or do you bead the legs , i want to try this my self but i dont want to bridge any pins , is there any tips you could give me please ?????

9. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I'm in the US (Illinois) and can do the cut legs things. I'd charge you $30 since you're including the chip, of course you'd have to pay the shipping both ways. PM me if you are interested.

10. helba

Newcomer helba Advanced Member

Canada
    wait for my guide to come out, I cannot take credit for this, as someone on psx-scene posted the method before I did, but I was using it before the person posted, due to me not like dremeling into such a delicate thing. IMO the tip size does not matter, experience and skills are the main things. I can use a radioshack soldering iron one and do the same thing, just takes longer. The tip sizes help you do it efficiently, and fast. I use 1/64' tip, 275 USD soldering iron from Japan, and have to replace the tips after every 30 Wii installs, the tips cost like 15 USD, that including shipping and whatnot, just search on Google.