D00DS!!! I got a Hammond!!!

Beware

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I finally got myself a Hammond organ today. For all you who don't know what that is, go here. It is absolutely amazing. It's a fantastic jazz and gospel organ, and some amazing rock bands have played it for years including Deep Purple, Yes, Procul Harum and many more. I have the M-3 which is a lot like the B-3 (the most popular model) in almost every way other than it is missing have an octave on bottom and has less pedals. All in all, it come to about 200 pounds lighter and thousands of dollars cheaper and it still gives you that REAL Hammond sound. I hope to post pics sometime soon, but it definitely sounds amazing.
Anyone else here have a Hammond/hope to one day own one? Any questions, comments? Qualms, in trepidations? XD

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
WHITER SHADE OF PALE!!!! WOOOOOOOO!

*ignites Bic lighter, waves it back and forth*

(pictures alone won't do justice, record yourself playing it and youtube dat suckah)

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought you got in a car crash......

But these looks great, about how much did yours cost?

Ooh, play the Portal song "Still Alive" and put it up
tongue.gif

Edit: Posts edited together, duplicate deleted. Don't double post.
lecture.gif
- Ace

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Whoah cool. Are you an amatuer-proffesional keyboardist or someting? Since you seem to not be able to afford a new DS (I'm inferencing from your sig) but you can drop a couple thousand on a keyboard.
If you are, what kinds of music do you play?

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Whoah cool. Are you an amatuer-proffesional keyboardist or someting? Since you seem to not be able to afford a new DS (I'm inferencing from your sig) but you can drop a couple thousand on a keyboard.
If you are, what kinds of music do you play?

Maybe someone bought it for him as a gift? (Parents would be my first guess)

Pretty snazzy instrument too.
happy.gif

~Nero

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is one in my brothers house, with the rotating speaker right? It sounds awsome
biggrin.gif
... They also want to get a Bechstein grand piano in their house, but that doesnt fit and is to expensive. Uhm "they" because he lives together with a good friend of him
tongue.gif

Beware

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually only payed $170 for it. And I only paid $70 of that which I borrowed from my grandmother (it's part of my X-Mas present now). My girlfriend's dad paid the other $100 since it was kind of a present for him and me. It really sounds fantastic.
I don't have a Leslie though since I got it on Craig's List and he got rid of the Leslie in January. Those always go even faster than the organs. Plus, I don't think the floorboards in this house would support the M-3 AND the Leslie.
I was originally going to get an H-112 or 133, but there is NO way I could possibly get that in the house. It was a project getting the M-3 in here. And, like I said, the floorboards couldn't possibly support something weighing about 425 pounds.
I think we're going to add a headphone jack to it so I can blast it whenever I want. Anyone have any idea how to go about doing that?

BTW, I bought a new DS. I got a nice Zelda edition one. I just haven't bothered to update my sig yet since I just got it the other day with the money that was supposed to get me a new guitar.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1