D00DS!!! I got a Hammond!!!

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Beware, Dec 1, 2007.

Dec 1, 2007

D00DS!!! I got a Hammond!!! by Beware at 4:45 AM (857 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Beware
    OP

Member Beware GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    So I finally got myself a Hammond organ today. For all you who don't know what that is, go here. It is absolutely amazing. It's a fantastic jazz and gospel organ, and some amazing rock bands have played it for years including Deep Purple, Yes, Procul Harum and many more. I have the M-3 which is a lot like the B-3 (the most popular model) in almost every way other than it is missing have an octave on bottom and has less pedals. All in all, it come to about 200 pounds lighter and thousands of dollars cheaper and it still gives you that REAL Hammond sound. I hope to post pics sometime soon, but it definitely sounds amazing.
    Anyone else here have a Hammond/hope to one day own one? Any questions, comments? Qualms, in trepidations? XD

2. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    WHITER SHADE OF PALE!!!! WOOOOOOOO!

*ignites Bic lighter, waves it back and forth*

(pictures alone won't do justice, record yourself playing it and youtube dat suckah)

3. kellyan95

Banned kellyan95 Banned

United States
    I thought you got in a car crash......

But these looks great, about how much did yours cost?

Ooh, play the Portal song "Still Alive" and put it up [​IMG]

Edit: Posts edited together, duplicate deleted. Don't double post. [​IMG] - Ace

4. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    Whoah cool. Are you an amatuer-proffesional keyboardist or someting? Since you seem to not be able to afford a new DS (I'm inferencing from your sig) but you can drop a couple thousand on a keyboard.
    If you are, what kinds of music do you play?

5. Nero

Member Nero GBAtemp RPG Maniac

United States
    Maybe someone bought it for him as a gift? (Parents would be my first guess)

Pretty snazzy instrument too. [​IMG]

~Nero

6. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    Dont forget to dance like those creepy robots!

I hope you dont plan on dropping it out a fourth story window onto a cat chasing a bird...its not like the cartoons :'(

7. cubin'

Member cubin' GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    You lucky bastard [​IMG] I wish I could afford a hammond.

8. laminaatplaat

Member laminaatplaat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    There is one in my brothers house, with the rotating speaker right? It sounds awsome [​IMG]... They also want to get a Bechstein grand piano in their house, but that doesnt fit and is to expensive. Uhm "they" because he lives together with a good friend of him [​IMG]

9. Beware
    OP

Member Beware GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I actually only payed $170 for it. And I only paid $70 of that which I borrowed from my grandmother (it's part of my X-Mas present now). My girlfriend's dad paid the other $100 since it was kind of a present for him and me. It really sounds fantastic.
    I don't have a Leslie though since I got it on Craig's List and he got rid of the Leslie in January. Those always go even faster than the organs. Plus, I don't think the floorboards in this house would support the M-3 AND the Leslie.
    I was originally going to get an H-112 or 133, but there is NO way I could possibly get that in the house. It was a project getting the M-3 in here. And, like I said, the floorboards couldn't possibly support something weighing about 425 pounds.
    I think we're going to add a headphone jack to it so I can blast it whenever I want. Anyone have any idea how to go about doing that?

BTW, I bought a new DS. I got a nice Zelda edition one. I just haven't bothered to update my sig yet since I just got it the other day with the money that was supposed to get me a new guitar. [​IMG]