OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About a year ago, i did the PSP D-pad mod:
http://www.ufighterx.com/guides/videogame/.../pspdpadfix.htm

Thanks to my shaky hands, "right" registers as "up-right." I've worked around it long enough, and i wanna play games CORRECTLY now
tongue.gif

So, is there any place that sells pre-modded dpads for a 1000 model? Or are there "advanced" dpads i can order from somewhere?
Or has someone here successfully done it that could do one for me and send it to me (with monetary compensation, of course
wink.gif
)?

I have no problems opening the system to install it, it's just the cutting/gluing that screws me.

Lemme know! Thanks
smile.gif

Lothar23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What did you use for the material? I tried a cereal box, but it made the d-pad too stiff. Instead, I used one of my VHS covers. Plus, I used tape instead of glue. I didn't have any, so I just rolled the tape into a small circle and stuck it on there. So far, there hasn't been any problems with it.

I tried looking for pre-modded d-pads, but Google said nothing to me. I just did it myself.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used a Nes case, as recommended. It's just that i can't cut properly, due to shaky hands.

As well, that's why i was asking here, if anyone could A. Do it, or B. know of anywhere to get a premodded pad... because Google didn't help
wink.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I know it's not particularly helpful but the Slim PSP's avoid this issue entirely by having **SHOCK HORROR** a decent D-Pad. I have no clue if it's the crosspiece itself that's deeper, or it's just higher set, but if you don't want to upgrade to a better console, seeing if an alternative part might work could be a solution.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have any means of getting a PSP2k, at all heh.

So, next question, has any one successfully replaced a PSP1000 dpad with a PSP2000 dpad?

I've done some searching and come up with nothing, and i don't have the cash to even get a psp2k pad from DX (let alone a psp2k
tongue.gif
) if it would NOT work at all.

However, i'm going to test out some things as soon as i'm able to use some expendable income for testing.

Thanks for the idea
biggrin.gif

Shardnax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't replaced a 1k with a 2k D-Pad, but I could make a decent cut for you and mail it, if you aren't opposed to it. Gluing it is as simple as dabbing a little bit of super glue onto the NES piece and sticking it onto your d-pad
smile.gif

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shardnax said:
I haven't replaced a 1k with a 2k D-Pad, but I could make a decent cut for you and mail it, if you aren't opposed to it. Gluing it is as simple as dabbing a little bit of super glue onto the NES piece and sticking it onto your d-pad
smile.gif

That would be great. I need to snag a new dpad however... i had already glued my effed up piece to the current dpad. And i dunno if i could bork the gluing with it being off center.

Do you know if i can cut off the old one? Or would that be too thin of a cut that could destroy up the pad?

Heh i've been inside my psp, but it was a while back, and i really don't wanna permafuck the system.

Shardnax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use a solvent to loosen the glue and it should come right off. I've made the cut, it isn't perfect but it is ok and it will fit. Just fill a small plastic cup with a small amount of whatever solvent you plan to use and drop the d-pad in.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shardnax said:
Use a solvent to loosen the glue and it should come right off. I've made the cut, it isn't perfect but it is ok and it will fit. Just fill a small plastic cup with a small amount of whatever solvent you plan to use and drop the d-pad in.

Ah! Fantastic. I didn't think the removal would be that easy.

Best recommended solvent? I have never needed to remove superglue before heh. (and i don't want to erode the pad.)

Shardnax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if anything powerful enough to remove it quickly would damage the pad. See if you can get a small flat-head under the nes piece and push it up enough to tear off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a