D/P Underground Area

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Sinkhead, Apr 22, 2007.

Apr 22, 2007

D/P Underground Area by Sinkhead at 7:54 PM (976 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Sinkhead
    OP

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    Is it just me or is the underground area in D/P completely wasted. They've got LOADS of room to do WHATEVER they want, as well as minigames and secret bases, but you can only use it with local WiFi. Even if it's impossible to do any of the other things I'm suggesting, at least make it so you can 'open' your underground and people can visit it by entering a password you set if you're online.
    Ok, so here's my other suggestions.
    1) If it's possible, make a 'Nintendo City' underground area or not underground. This could be similar to an MMORPG where anyone could visit there and there could be special limited edition items and the like in the shops there. Because there would be a lot of people there the city could be split into, say, 500 zones. They would all be the same, just different people, and they could hold 50 people each and you could choose which zone to enter. In these zones you could exchange friend codes with people and do other cool stuff like competitions etc
    2) Friends could enter your secret base if you were online by using your friend code (a bit like Animal Crossing) and you could trade and battle.
    3) Make it so you can resurface at the point you are currently underneath, so you can move around using the underground.

I think this is a big opportunity Nintendo has missed...
    - Sam

2. Emerson

Newcomer Emerson Advanced Member

United States
    It does seem a bit foolish of them to have left regular WiFi out of the picture for this feature. I'm definitely glad local is supported though, as that's how I'll be using it.

Your other ideas are pretty good though.

3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    It does seem like a bit of a after thought, but then it is the first proper game for the DS and that they're keeping all of the better ideas for another title.

Other developers do it so that more people will buy the next in the series.

4. Intruder

Member Intruder GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    Good ideas and as for the third...that's exactly my thought when I first learned about the underground.But then...It would be like cheating.You could go to the league straight away...
    To solve this,they could allow you to visit the underground after you've visited every last place of Sinnoh but that's not what we want is it?

5. Sinkhead
    OP

United Kingdom
    Maybe there could be an underground portal in each major city and you had to swipe your Trainer Card on the above-ground section before you could come up from underground at that particular portal...

Just a thought
    - Sam

6. Intruder

Greece
    Brilliant!!! [​IMG] But not applied [​IMG]

7. scoozer

Member scoozer GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Can somebody explain to me this "Underground" Area? Im playing DP but never seen a part like this... and btw. what this all about accessoiur your pokemon??! I dont get this...

8. Intruder

Greece
    Sinnoh Underground

9. Sinkhead
    OP

United Kingdom
    You will get access to it in Eterna City

- Sam