Hacking CycloWiz Update Coming - This week.

student69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here is the news article from the CycloWiz website. Sounds good, especially for those people having problems. The only thing I am looking forward to is no more slowdowns, but lots of people have been having other problems too.

Oops sorry I just saw the other thread on this subject sorry for the double post. Feel free to delete this thread.

QUOTE said:
02/26/2007

The first CycloWiz upgrade is almost ready! It will be released later this week together with instructions on how to upgrade your chip via DVD. Here are the new features:

- Direct boot of NTSC Wii imports on NTSC consoles (no patch needed)
- Direct boot of PAL Wii imports on NTSC consoles (no patch needed, partial compatibility)
- Direct boot of NTSC Wii imports on PAL consoles (no patch needed, partial compatibility)
- Runs imported GC games (partially without swap)
- Perfect compatibility (100% of games are working)
- Improved read (no more slowdowns)
- Compatible with DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW and DVD+RW (no bitsetting required)
- Fully upgradable via DVD
- Direct boot of Wii backups
- Direct boot of GC backups
- Direct boot of homebrew in GC mode
- Build-in audio fix (no patch required)
- Compatible with Multi-Disc games
- Stealth mode
- Multi-purpose LED
- Chips supplied in professional ESD packing
- Very easy to install
- It's the real thing, the chip is already shipping!

As you can see, thanks to the upgrade feature of CycloWiz, we'll make sure our customers always have the best chip in terms of features and compatibility.

The installation manual has been translated in seven different languages, check the download section!

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Im not bothered if they stole any code
tongue.gif
At least now if this upgrade is true i wont have to buy a wiikey.

driftprince86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Partial compatibility" meaing it appiles to SOME games out there, right? Hopefully this can fix my problem on booting up GC DDR Mario Mix NTSC-J w/o swapping.

I hope this update fixes the slowdown laggy videos also.

student69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I saw the new pdf of the install guide for the cyclowiz.So you need to solder points T/S to a switch to use this update?

Yes you will need to install a switch. I found a small toggle switch works well, and there is lots of room on the back of the console to mount a switch. I just drilled a hole between the vent and the usb ports and put my switch there. A locking switch would also be a good idea.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I saw the new pdf of the install guide for the cyclowiz.So you need to solder points T/S to a switch to use this update?

Yes you will need to install a switch. I found a small toggle switch works well, and there is lots of room on the back of the console to mount a switch. I just drilled a hole between the vent and the usb ports and put my switch there. A locking switch would also be a good idea.

no need to drill a hole to mount a switch...

mars

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'll point out: they don't have Recovery mode (Can recover from a bad flash) like wiikey or Wiinja Deluxe.

If you really lucky upgrade your chip via DVD or F***up! just say good bye to your CycloWiz.

mattwasx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm guessing lookout and Presto both have wiininja's and are jealous that the cyclowiz is actually upgradeable. Gbatemp members has been putting down cyclowiz since day one and in my opinion its better than the wiininja. And now if you want to get the same functions as the cyclowiz you have to buy the new deluxe wiininja.

Presto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing lookout and Presto both have wiininja's and are jealous that the cyclowiz is actually upgradeable. Gbatemp members has been putting down cyclowiz since day one and in my opinion its better than the wiininja. And now if you want to get the same functions as the cyclowiz you have to buy the new deluxe wiininja.

i ordered a wiikey and a wiinja DX

cheesyPOOF5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing lookout and Presto both have wiininja's and are jealous that the cyclowiz is actually upgradeable. Gbatemp members has been putting down cyclowiz since day one and in my opinion its better than the wiininja. And now if you want to get the same functions as the cyclowiz you have to buy the new deluxe wiininja.

I too have noticed this massive bias towards wiinja. I can guarantee you this news won't end up on front page.

Presto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing lookout and Presto both have wiininja's and are jealous that the cyclowiz is actually upgradeable.  Gbatemp members has been putting down cyclowiz since day one and in my opinion its better than the wiininja.  And now if you want to get the same functions as the cyclowiz you have to buy the new deluxe wiininja.

I too have noticed this massive bias towards wiinja. I can guarantee you this news won't end up on front page.

i have been thinking about ordering a cyclo too but i have heard mixed reviews

mattwasx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess I was wrong in guessing Presto jumped for the wiininja when it came out. But ya it seems maxconsole supports the cyclowiz and gbatemp supports the wiininja. Thats just how I see it.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
GBAtemp isn't supporting any chips and has no bias towards towards any product, every device is judged on it's own merits. Personally I don't understand fanboyism at all, especially when it comes to freaking modchips. It's not like GBAtemp is supported financially by any manufacturers or sellers of a particular device either. It just so happens that the Wiinja was the first chip released, and so the first chip reviewed - that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be the only chip reviewed.

If that's not a good enough explanation how about this:
The Cyclowiz team promised to send us a sample for review near the beginning of the month, the only reason it isn't here yet is because they've taken their time and have been waiting to send us out a v2 chip (obviously they didn't want a review that pointed out the flaws of the original). Happy now?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: