Hardware CycloWiz Set-Up

Platinum*

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just got the CycloWiz, had it installed. The solder was a bit smudged when quick soldering (the 4 little squares! -.-) but it seemed fine after a few tweaking. Everything was put back together with a few insignificant screws still out of place.

I turned on the Wii but nothing seemed unordinary, but that's the problem. I know the CycloWiz is supposed to be as "transparent as possible", but shouldn't it at least have a welcoming message or something? No games burned, I coudn't test if it worked or not, and the thing didn't even come with the switch for the upgrade. T-T

Can anyone determine if this is natural? No setup or anything!? It really bugs me. I just know* something was done wrong.

Platinum*

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone wanna answer? O_O'
(Sorry for double post)

My games are almost done download so I'll be able to test with the games soon. If it doesnt work, can someone gimme advice on what's wrong?

Kiljaeden

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure there is no extra flash screen when installing a modchip. Try using a Cyclowiz Setup Disc (if there is one). That will tell you if it's working or not.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's a drivechip, so there's no way for it to display anything on your screen.
tongue.gif

All it does is sit between the DVD ROM and the Wii, changing a flag so the Wii thinks it's not pirated (usually, some modchips do it differently)

Platinum*

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah yes. I learned that much. All it does it trick the system into thinking the dvd discs are wii ones or whatever. I just wanted a confirmation because I tried searching up if the CycloWiz set-up, well, existed and no results. It kind of gave me the fright. I expected at least a welcoming message or something seeing as the CycloWiz I got only came with a Tri-Wing screwdriver plus the chip in it's small packet within bubble wrap. No manual or anything.

Now I just have to wait for stupid torrents...
Thanks everyone ^-^'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/nUrYC-wHwzQ?si=CIF5SWwWIx4sXmqH