Hardware Cyclowiz or Wiikey

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys! Well i'll just make it short and simple, should i buy a wiikey for 45 euros or a cyclowiz for 30 euros? The real thing that annoys me with cyclowiz is that you gotta have a switch to be able to update and i'm also conserned about the cyclowiz teams slow updates. And the main factor about the wiikey that's troublesome is the price. So what would you choose and why? Any help is really apreciated guys!
nyanya.gif

Edit: 300th post! WOOHOO!!
grog.gif

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Whoa
blink.gif
Guess it's the Wiikey then
nyanya.gif
Oh but i have noticed lots of wiikey problems on the forums lately
huh.gif
Anything serious that should be taken into consideration?

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiKey problems are attributed to idiots who can't solder properly. I ordered my WiiKey from Divineo and I have NO soldering experience but I managed to do it properly. Personally, I think the quality of the WiiKey is top notch...just don't give it a static jolt or you'll kill it (ie...work on hard wood floors plz)

Yes there are a few WiiKeys that are DOA...but remember the people who get their's done right, say nothing, people who get problems cry out. There are so many WiiKey's sold and the chances of getting one DOA is far less than the CycloWiz.

piece of advice, use wires to solder the WiiKey, if it really is DOA, you can just cut the wires off the chip instead of desoldering the board.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ive never heard anything about DOA cyclowiz, so on what is your statement based?
i dont like teamcyclops for their false promises, but now everything is fine.
and the switch makes sure you cant update the chip without it, means if nintendo wants to (which i doubt) they can render your wiikey useless with an update.

@digeman: wiikey is your choice

mars77

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okey you've guys have made it a hellofalot more clear to me what to choose!
happy.gif
I think Wiikey is the one then
nyanya.gif
Thanks for the help guys!

Edit:
QUOTE said:
wiikey ftw!
Hah especially that, it was a real dealbreaker
rofl2.gif

xbandaidx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, as I'm currently in the market for a wii modchip as well, but why did you not consider the Wiinja or am I out of the loop about something bad with the Wiinja here?

After reading around, I'm straying a bit away from cyclowiz and looking at Wiikey, but anyways just wondering.

xbandaidx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm seeing more information about Wiikey on this forum and whatnot, I haven't found anything bad about it yet. I do like taking comfort in know it is upgradable, if it weren't I wouldn't even consider it, I don't need a possible bricked system in the future especially since its still virtually impossible to find a wii in stores around here, even controllers.

I also like the sound of quicksolder, as I have no experience. However I'm probably gonna have my older sisters boyfriend do it as he's more handy with these type of things. Plus 40 bucks for a wiikey isn't that bad really... I remember when they used to be insane in prices back then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?