CycloWiz, good choice?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by hollabackitsobi, Nov 22, 2007.

Nov 22, 2007

CycloWiz, good choice? by hollabackitsobi at 5:37 AM (1,284 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. hollabackitsobi
    OP

Member hollabackitsobi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm in the market for buying a Wii in the next few hours (because of a special Amazon promotion for 1000 Wiis for $79 each) and I was wondering if the CycloWiz was a good choice. I did some research, red some reviews, and looked at some comparison charts and apparently CycloWiz is the best, with the Wiikey in second. I'm leaning more towards the CycloWiz, as apparently it can go stealth and can be upgraded via disc.

I also suck at soldering, so I was wondering if anyone knew a good site (maybe Mod-Chip.com?) that had all of the essentials for the CycloWiz's installation. Thanks all for helping a potential new Wii owner.

2. PikaPika

Member PikaPika GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The Wii off Amazon could be D2C. You should buy the Wii, then buy a chip that'll work with it.

3. rhyguy

Member rhyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    i'd get a d2c key and get it installed

its the best modchip, fastest and it'll work with the d2c

4. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    Look, functionality wise cyclowiz and wiikey are identical.. with stealth and upgradable via dvd. Both can do that. But first get your wii and then see if you get a D2C or a D2B, as cyclo n wiikey won't work on a D2C

5. hollabackitsobi
    OP

Member hollabackitsobi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Mmm...I know of the differences between the D2B and D2C but I read that the CycloWiz was compatible with D2C boards. Misleading information is rather..."meh". It'll most likely be D2C, since it's a new Wii. Guess I have to go with the D2CKey, is it highly recommended? There aren't many(any) other options really, so i guess that's the best one, correct?

6. Beware

Member Beware GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I say go with open source chips. I'm sure one will figure out the D2C soon. OpenWii FTW!

7. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    it really doesn't matter [​IMG] Just pick one and be done with it hehe