CycloDS Waiting Room-Answer some of my questions?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by bwsaw, Aug 14, 2008.

Aug 14, 2008
  1. bwsaw
    OP

Newcomer bwsaw Advanced Member

United States
    Ordered it last night. Ive been looking at skins and stuff since. Heres a few questions.

1. How long would Dealwoot take to ship to Washington?
    2. How do I download skins onto my CycloDS?
    3. What games should I get first [​IMG]
    4. What is the point of updating?

These are the games I want so far:
    Clubhouse Games, The World Ends With You, Elite Beat Agents, Zelda Phantom Hourglass, My Sims, Flash Focus Training.

Stay and chat if you're waiting for yours to come too [​IMG]

p.s. Can someone list the extra CycloDS features that ARE MOST USEFUL. I know that the review and some other posts list these, but I just want to know the ones that people use the most, and without techinical hard-to-understand terms. Thanks.

p.p.s Thanks to Demon's post I know some of the extra coolio features I get with my new CycloDS. can someone also include how to set them up? (real-time guide/save, e-books, HOW TO UPDATE etc.) Again it was covered in the review, but with alot of techinical terms. Thanks Again

2. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    1. Washington state? Probably 3 days, since it's on the west coast.
    2. Download and extract the skin, put it in the MicroSD folder CycloDS/skin. Make sure the skins are made for CycloDS. R4 skins will not work.
    3. You have a flash card, you can download any game you want. Take your time.

Features:

Real-time save (Let's you save the game anywhere, anytime)
    Real-time guide (Let's you view a text FAQ or walkthrough during gameplay) BETA only.
    Slow-motion (some people find this useful for certain rhythm games)

3. bwsaw
    OP

United States
    The skin I want wont let me extract anything...it says theres nothing to extract, or something like that.

4. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Are you using WinRAR to extract the skin?

5. bwsaw
    OP

United States
    Im using ExtractionWizard.

6. Bishang

Member Bishang GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I live in Washington state. For me they shipped it on a Monday and it arrived the next Wednesday.

7. bwsaw
    OP

United States
    Btw, do you mean how long it took from when you ordered it, or when they shipped it?

8. Tatsu

Newcomer Tatsu Member

United States
    I just got mine today! I ordered saturday night, it was shipped monday and arrived Thursday, so about 3 days. I live in Fl btw.

9. bwsaw
    OP

United States
    Cool. I ordered Tuesday Night. I think it got shipped yesterday(wednesday), so Im hoping tomorrow(friday) since im on the west coast.

10. Bishang

United States
    I ordered it on a Saturday night, it shipped on Monday (guessing since it's the weekend), it arrived on Wednesday.

11. bwsaw
    OP

United States
    Ooh...cool. If they ship the same way they did to you, it should be here tomorrow ^^ I ordered on tuesday night, they shipped on Wednesday, so it should be here on Friday [​IMG]

12. HOTSAUCE

Newcomer HOTSAUCE Newbie

United States
    hey everyone, I just ordered mine today!
    Plus, im about 5 hours away from the company, so maybe it will come in a day or two? hopefully?

Anyway, is this really the best flash card to date? or has someone else taken this title?

13. Iced_Eagle

Newcomer Iced_Eagle Newbie

United States
    That's a bit subjective. [​IMG]

I also ordered my CycloDS yesterday, so I can't wait for it to get here! [​IMG] I already have all of my games / homebrew ready to transfer over.

Got a 4GB MicroSD with it (from newegg), which I'm hoping comes either same day, or before the cyclo does...

14. Bishang

United States
    I ordered a MicroSD from newegg same day I ordered my CycloDS using their eggsaver shipping and it arrived like 3 days after my Cyclo.

15. Iced_Eagle

Newcomer Iced_Eagle Newbie

United States
    That's what IM afraid of. :-\

I've been watching their statuses like a hawk though. My MicroSD left Carson at 6am, and my Cyclo left City of Industry at 10pm, so I think as long as DHL doesn't just let my package sit there, that I should get it the same day.

If I do get my Cyclo early, I'll just play the waiting game until my MicroSD arrives [​IMG] I already created a folder with all of my backup games, firmware and homebrew apps so that as soon as I get my MicroSD, I copy over the folder, and everything should update and I should be all set to go.