Hacking CycloDS Versions

NOMNOMNOM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. I wanted to contact Team Cyclops directly but their forum doesn't let me register, and none of their mail adresses on the site are working, so I hope anyone here can help me with this:
1) I'm about to acquire a CycloDS but I'd want to get the last version. Searching through the available dealer in here (http://www.futura-online.com), I found this one: http://www.futura-online.com/product_info....v3+%5Bnegro%5D/
What bothers me is the V3: is this the last version of the card? I wouldn't want to be buying something outdated already..
2) I read somewhere that M3 real has GBA RTS. Does anyone know if this is planned any time soon for the CycloDS? Also, does anyone know how DS's RTS times are on the M3 Real (much longer than Cyclo or not)?

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

lancelotedge497

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am pretty sure CycloDS has RTS!!

Posts merged

Whoops! Sorry! I didn't see the GBA part of your RTS question! Forget what I said in my previous post!

I was worried too about getting an outdated version too, but I knew it would be practically the same anyway. They will continue to update to new versions, so it would be hard to keep up!

NOMNOMNOM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
lancelotedge497 said:

Posts merged

Whoops! Sorry! I didn't see the GBA part of your RTS question! Forget what I said in my previous post!

I was worried too about getting an outdated version too, but I knew it would be practically the same anyway. They will continue to update to new versions, so it would be hard to keep up!
Do you have any idea what they changed from V3 to V4? I mean, I wouldn't care much if it was a minor thing.

BananaX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOMNOMNOM said:
lancelotedge497 said:

Posts merged

Do you have any idea what they changed from V3 to V4? I mean, I wouldn't care much if it was a minor thing.
Not sure... sorry. I think that a protuding chip behind the sticker was removed in V4, but maybe that was V3. Either way, there's nothing you should really worry about. The firmware updates are all that really matter, and you can get those on any version.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
V3 is the latest. That protruding chip thing will never get removed, it only gets less noticeable with each revision.
There is no GBA RTS support.

The site seems legit to me (Green WOT).

NOMNOMNOM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
DeMoN said:
V3 is the latest. That protruding chip thing will never get removed, it only gets less noticeable with each revision.
There is no GBA RTS support.

The site seems legit to me (Green WOT).

Thanks, I guess I'll take this last answer since the second poster said "I think"
biggrin.gif

Do you know how the RTS and load (DS) times are compared to the M3 Real? Or should I post that on the M3 Forum?

Edit: Oh.. what did you mean by Green "WOT"?

Doggy124

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
Or...you should wait for DSi Compatible CycloDS, which I believe won't take long before it release.
As both Acekard and CycloDS had released a Video show their cart working on DSi, and Acekard had managed to get their new cart released. I'm sure CycloDS will quickly chase the AK.

NOMNOMNOM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Doggy124 said:
Or...you should wait for DSi Compatible CycloDS, which I believe won't take long before it release.
As both Acekard and CycloDS had released a Video show their cart working on DSi, and Acekard had managed to get their new cart released. I'm sure CycloDS will quickly chase the AK.
Yes but I don't intend getting a DSi in the future, since I read it doesn't support GBA, and GBA support is part of the reason why I have the DS *and* am getting the Cyclo and the 3in1 expansion pack
smile.gif

Nathan-NL

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But probably other things are improved as well when the DSi compatible version will be released and since you want the latest version, you could see this one as V4
wink.gif

BananaX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doggy124 said:
If I even get a DSi, which I probably won't anyway, because those things look horrible and firmware updates are going to be the plague, I will probably get a second CycloDS. My philosophy is one Cyclo per DS, that way multiplayer for trading pokemans shizzah

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr