Hacking CycloDS sounds promising, convert me completely.

Andri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.i-pwn.net
XP
Country
I have been caressing the idea of buying Flash Card or whatever it's called for my potential Nintendo DS Lite which is likely to be rocking the house in approximately -- When i get paid.
First I heard about the R4DS - Dude, *Censored reason* !!
Then I started reading about it and eventually, I stumbled upon assumptions, claiming CycloDS to be better, which I'm not doubting.
As I keep reading about my potential 'time-killer', I see some people totally loving the M3 cards and the perfect bundle pack providing the option of playing GBA games, which is awesome. (P.s. Can I play GBC[Game Boy Color] games as well?)

Now I'm tired of browsing and reading hence I'm here to ask for legit, solid, awesome, hard, epic (the list goes on..) reasons to choose one card over another. Which features make the X card better than the Y card, but then the Y card must have something the X card doesn't have, but that's okay cause X card has THIS! You know what I mean.

Thanks in advance,
Andri ;*~>33[°,°]~~()-+
biggrin.gif
...joke! >_

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You can play GBA advance games with any flashcard, you just need a slot 2 device. You can get a 3in1 (GBA Game Support, Rumble and Ram all in one cart) that hooks into the GBA cart to play games, use the Opera Browser and other programs that require RAM and also also use Rumble Support for games for like 10-20$. The CyclosDS comes with support for the 3in1 right out of the box for the RAM and Rumble functionality without needing third party software.

Also theres emulators for over 50 other game consoles for flashcards as well like Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo, Gameboy, Gameboy Color and so on that lets you play those games on the DS as well.

Overall, the CyclosDS is one of the best flash cards on the market.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-___-
once again, people will start telling you there are hundreds of other topics like this
but we also need to know what you are interested in
games? music? video? compatibility? features? price?
there are so many factors

ill try my best to help out though
1. DO NOT get an R4
for whatever reason
they are a bit outdated
and expensive for their quality
2. yes, the cyclo is the hyped card to get
its easy to use, almost perfect compatibility?, and some really nice features
the cyclo fan boys will be here soon, i presume
but its a bit on the expensive side
almost 60$ to be exact
there is another card
the supercardDSONE or SCDS1
which has the same features. and a bit more
but its harder to use, slower, uglier(as in the GUI stuff), and not as great compatibility
but its a lot cheaper
around 30$
SCDS1 fanboys will be here soon too
3. well as for the M3 package
its cheap and you can play GBA games
but not the best card out there, you know?
you could always play GBA (and GBC) games with the help of an expansion pak (slot2) for any flashcarts(that support it, i mean). they cost from 10-20$
4. if you want something less complicated and cheaper than the cyclo
then go for the Acekard2
there is a quiz-giveaway if you wanna try to go for it before buying anything

hrm. i might have missed some stuff
oh wells. theres a recent topic on the cyclo vs. the SCDS1 if you need more info
and i own a cyclo, so im happy to say that it is definitely worth is
but i dont own any other cart
so i really dont have to right to compare
good luck deciding!

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, the 3 best carts right now are,

Acekard RPG, SCDS1 SDHC, and CycloDS.

Acekard RPG

Pro- Probably one of the fastest improving cart. With open sourced firmwares, anyone can pick the firmware up, and modify it anyway they want it. It has a built-in memory, while also has a slot to put in Micro sd cards or Micro sdhc cards.

Con- Unfortunately, it doesn't have the special features that people choose the SCDS1 and Cyclo for, and VERY expensive (80 Austrailian dollars).

SCDS1 SDHC

Pro- The cheapest "feature" card, yet does the most out of the three. It has Realtime save, slow-mo, Realtime guide, Multiple save-slots, huge list of customization, and a support team that never drops support for any of their products.

Con- Still requires fast memory cards, (Although there isn't any slowdowns of any sort. It's just that if you have a slow micro sd, it will freeze often) build quality isn't as good as the other two, abd not an easy cart for newcomers, seeing it requires you to set some stuff up before doing anything.

CycloDS:

Pro- It's very easy to use, has Realtime save, slow-mo, and a few handful of features. Not as much as SCDS1 however. It has a support team that answers your question directly on their forums, along with what they're going to do in their next firmware, and lots of info.

Con- Inferior cheat files, due to hardware limitations. and a lot pricer than the SCDS1.

AND.... M3 Real perfect.

M3 Real perfect

Pro- Costs little for a cart that comes with a GBA, Ram, and rumble pack. GBA compatibility is great, and the M3 team is famous for support. Lastly, the M3 Sakura firmware is nearly complete. It looks great. So check that out, and see if you like it.

Con- A bit slower than other carts available. Doesn't have anything that makes it stand out of the 4, but the M3 Sakura may change that.

If you don't have much money, but want something good, then SCDS1 SDHC.
If you have a lot of money, but want to wait until it the best (Only a matter of time now), then Acekard RPG.
If you have a lot of money, and want the best card CURRENTLY available, then CycloDS.

tinymonkeyt said:
-___-
once again, people will start telling you there are hundreds of other topics like this
but we also need to know what you are interested in
games? music? video? compatibility? features? price?
there are so many factors

ill try my best to help out though
1. DO NOT get an R4
for whatever reason
they are a bit outdated
and expensive for their quality
2. yes, the cyclo is the hyped card to get
its easy to use, almost perfect compatibility?, and some really nice features
the cyclo fan boys will be here soon, i presume
but its a bit on the expensive side
almost 60$ to be exact
there is another card
the supercardDSONE or SCDS1
which has the same features. and a bit more
but its harder to use, slower, uglier(as in the GUI stuff), and not as great compatibility
but its a lot cheaper
around 30$
SCDS1 fanboys will be here soon too
3. well as for the M3 package
its cheap and you can play GBA games
but not the best card out there, you know?
you could always play GBA (and GBC) games with the help of an expansion pak (slot2) for any flashcarts(that support it, i mean). they cost from 10-20$
4. if you want something less complicated and cheaper than the cyclo
then go for the Acekard2
there is a quiz-giveaway if you wanna try to go for it before buying anything

hrm. i might have missed some stuff
oh wells. theres a recent topic on the cyclo vs. the SCDS1 if you need more info
and i own a cyclo, so im happy to say that it is definitely worth is
but i dont own any other cart
so i really dont have to right to compare
good luck deciding!

It's not that slow.... Have you used it before? you can speed up the game loading, and etc. But, I do agree that the GUI looks ugly. Lastly, bad compatibility? What do you mean? Out of 140 games I've tried, only 1 game didn't work. And all the new games worked.

Andri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.i-pwn.net
XP
Country
All right! A few notes.

- I live in Iceland, so many sellers don't support shipping to me, charge me insane fee for shipping or/and the item takes 4 years to arrive.
- Money isn't the problem, but I'm very impatient so if the wait for SCDS1 is -- 1 month or more, I don't want to wait. But do go further into details how it will prevail over CycloDS, I might consider waiting for it.
- Like in most cases when I buy -gaming consoles/hand held gaming devices- it's just because it's fancy, so I don't really have a handful of games that I'm going to buy/play. But the past wails to me!! Pokémon R/G/B, S/G/C, S/R/E and now, the newest -- P/D and soon Platinum or whatever the new game is called. Super Mario, Zelda and some more random adventure games. I'm very open to games. I love games.
- I love games.

Time to ask! Let's say it's a 2 decade wait for the prevailing SCDS1 and I'm going to buy the CycloDS, do you know any sellers that ship to Iceland with love, care and affection? I don't want Cyclo dust to be honest.

If there's anything more you need to know to rate my choice, do ask.
NOTE: I'm not giving out my phone number, home address or any other personal information unless you're a hot chick -- Tits or gtfo.

Thanks in advance -- again,
Andri.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
It's not that slow.... Have you used it before? you can speed up the game loading, and etc. But, I do agree that the GUI looks ugly. Lastly, bad compatibility? What do you mean? Out of 140 games I've tried, only 1 game didn't work. And all the new games worked.
lol. like i said, i only own the cyclo
and basically, im only rewriting what i see on the forums
not from personal experience
ill leave the SCDS1 explaining to you then

oh btw. it was only cuz i read that topic on cyclo vs. SCDS1
i read that 10 games dont work
i mean, its not that bad
but its not perfect, you know?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tinymonkeyt said:
ojsinnerz said:
lol. like i said, i only own the cyclo
and basically, im only rewriting what i see on the forums
not from personal experience
ill leave the SCDS1 explaining to you then

oh btw. it was only cuz i read that topic on cyclo vs. SCDS1
i read that 10 games dont work
i mean, its not that bad
but its not perfect, you know?
Just checked. cutterjohn never explained the 10 games that didn't work...

Andri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.i-pwn.net
XP
Country
I'm not keen to the idea of being addressed as a n00b. Could you refer to me as -- Rookie, beginner, newbie or something more fitting to someone so awesome as myself?

Anyway, how does this RAM work? Is that an exclusive accessory that you pop into the slot 2 or it an inbuilt feature of the CycloDS card?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Andri said:
I'm not keen to the idea of being addressed as a n00b. Could you refer to me as -- Rookie, beginner, newbie or something more fitting to someone so awesome as myself?

Anyway, how does this RAM work? Is that an exclusive accessory that you pop into the slot 2 or it an inbuilt feature of the CycloDS card?
You have to buy a RAM separately. It's just that, whatever Ram you have, the Cyclo is made to read it without any fuss, etc. Something like that. But, just remember you need it separately.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: