Homebrew CycloDS save files

nintendonoob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I heard that this place has the most knowledgable community of users when it comes to emulation, so i have a question.

I have a cyclosds with roms on it. one of which is New Super Mario bros. I beat it on my real version of the game but don't want to have to beat it again on the cyclods rom. I see at sites like gamefaqs that you can download save files. But wehn i put them on my cyclods memory card it still dosent show on the game, i know they need to be .sav files but i cangt seem to find any that work.

so does anyone know how i can put a completed file on my cyclods so i can have a fiinshed version of the game? Thanks alot!

nintendonoob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
For the ones off GameFAQs you might need to convert them to ones the Cyclo can use. Try http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php
I tried that. Could you tell me what file to put in the source box for the mario file off gamefaqs?

When i converted it and put it in the memorycard and put th ememory in my cyclods when i started mario it only had "start new game" so i iguess it might not be registering the save file. any help?

nintendonoob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
For the ones off GameFAQs you might need to convert them to ones the Cyclo can use. Try http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php
I tried that. Could you tell me what file to put in the source box for the mario file off gamefaqs?

When i converted it and put it in the memorycard and put th ememory in my cyclods when i started mario it only had "start new game" so i iguess it might not be registering the save file. any help?

nintendonoob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went there and downloaded the file, converted it and put it in my cyclods. but the game still dosen't recognise it. I must me doing something wrong, any body put sav files on a cyclods before?

D

Deleted User

7 years later and I just had the same issue. Seems like CycloDS keeps the save file region-locked for whatever reason. Your US .sav file will only work with it's respective US region game (still need the same filename too). AFAIK, only CycloDS does this since emulators don't have this problem - I found out the hard way :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse