Hacking CycloDS Questions

akthewonder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently ordered the CycloDS yesterday, and while I wait, I had a few questions on my mind since it will be my first flashcard.

The set-up for the CycloDS, is it pretty self-explanatory? Or is it one of those things were I will need some type of FAQ?

Does the set-up take place on the DS or the the computer?

One last thing, I just wanted to clarify something, when you set it up and all that and you take your MicroSD card and put it in your computer, all you have to do is just Drag and drop the ROM/Skin you want? I run on a Mac if that makes any difference whatsoever.

I appreciate those who took the time to read and answer my questions by the way
biggrin.gif

EDIT: One last thing, this has to do with the Shipping I ordered from RHS yesterday night and I chose the DHL-2 days. For DHL do I have to sign anything?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
akthewonder said:
I recently ordered the CycloDS yesterday, and while I wait, I had a few questions on my mind since it will be my first flashcard.

The set-up for the CycloDS, is it pretty self-explanatory? Or is it one of those things were I will need some type of FAQ?

Does the set-up take place on the DS or the the computer?

No FAQ is required. It's incredibly straight forward. Simply put your games on the MicroSD, insert into CycloDS, and boot up. The Cyclo will create the firmware folder for you if it's not on there. After it's created, you can then go about inserting skins into the 'CycloDS/skin' folder.

QUOTE said:
One last thing, I just wanted to clarify something, when you set it up and all that and you take your MicroSD card and put it in your computer, all you have to do is just Drag and drop the ROM/Skin you want? I run on a Mac if that makes any difference whatsoever.

See above. Also doesn't matter if you're on a Mac either. I use my Macbook Pro as my main DS machine. Also if you are interested in ds rom management, I suggest trying out Rominator. It's a powerful organizer for DS games
smile.gif

I appreciate those who took the time to read and answer my questions by the way
biggrin.gif

EDIT: One last thing, this has to do with the Shipping I ordered from RHS yesterday night and I chose the DHL-2 days. For DHL do I have to sign anything?

DHL does require you to sign. Also if they declared the value over $20, you'll have to pay customs charges as well.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One thing to add,
Before putting anything on your MicroSD, put the latest firmware in it. You can download it here:
http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2766

Extract it, put it in the MicroSD then the Cyclo, then turn on the DS.
Choose to update the firmware, then you'll wait a few seconds for the firmware to be updated, then the DS will shut-off.

Now you can put ROMs and other junk in and start playing.

akthewonder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the first thing to do when I get my CycloDS and MicroSD is to take the MicroSD put it into my computer download the firmware, extract it, put it into the MicroSD, then into my DS and I'm good to go with the ROM's, skins, etc.?

EDIT: Demon thanks for the link by the way
biggrin.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
akthewonder said:
So the first thing to do when I get my CycloDS and MicroSD is to take the MicroSD put it into my computer download the firmware, extract it, put it into the MicroSD, then into my DS and I'm good to go with the ROM's, skins, etc.?

EDIT: Demon thanks for the link by the way
biggrin.gif

Pretty much.

dark42

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When I first got my Cyclo, I couldn't figure out how to do stuff like Real Time Saves. Just download the manual from the Cyclo site (when it comes back online) and it tells you how to do pretty much anything.
BTW to do RTS, hold Select before loading the game (you only have to do this once for each game). It will make the RTS file and then you will be able to use that feature in the Enchanced Menu.

Sticks

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. Read the manual when the site comes back up. The amount of times people have asked a question in the forums and it was already answered in the manual is mind-boggling.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: