CycloDS Mini/MicroSD vs EZ-Flash 3-in-1 vs M3 Lite

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Prodix, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Prodix
    OP

Prodix Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2007
    United States
    Hey everybody! I recently ordered a CycloDS, now I'm currently looking for a SLOT-2 solution to go along with it. I've been leading towards the EZ-Flash V 3-in-1, not only because its cheap, but because it also has good support from the CycloDS (built-in support as of v1.2 beta?), and it also has good ratings and reviews. Now though, after doing some intense research, I hear of the CycloDS Mini/MicroSD series that has no patching for GBA games/homebrew? Then there's also the possibility of getting an M3 Lite or Ewin2 flashcard. Of which, I haven't been able to find too much up-to-date information on (for all 4 flashcards). Does anyone know much about these 4 SLOT-2 flashcards? Perhaps the differences, pros, cons, etc, between them all? [​IMG]

I hear that there's a lot of issues with SLOT-2 solutions, because of the use of patching the roms/homebrew before usage. Along with filenames and getting game saves to work with the GBA roms/retail games. I don't like converting things, as there's usually always some type of bug or screwup in the process. I'm sure most of you agree with me on that statement? [​IMG]

I'd like to also make sure that I can support even the biggest GBA (or earlier console system; NES, SNES, etc) game(s), of which, I believe is Kingdom of Hearts (32MB)? And seeing as the EZ-Flash V 3-in-1 has enough memory for that, it should be able to support that and any other GBA games/homebrew that is out? DSLinux is something that I wanted to try out as well, but I hear some SLOT-2 solutions have trouble with it (and/or other homebrew) because of memory constraints and/or issues? [​IMG]

Cheers. [​IMG]

-Prodix [​IMG]

2. Cactuar

Cactuar GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2007
    United States
    California
    I'm asking to same questions before I buy one, anyone want to help us?

3. jesterscourt

jesterscourt Not Brad.

Jan 3, 2007
    United States
    I didn't patch anything and they worked just fine. I am using a CycloEvo with the latest version of the firmware and then 1.9d of Rudolphs 3-in-1 loader with the EZFlash 3-in-1. You just put Rudolph's tool on the root of the MicroSD, Create a "GBA" folder in the root as well, and then chuck all your GBAs in that directory.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice