CycloDS Mini/MicroSD vs EZ-Flash 3-in-1 vs M3 Lite

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Prodix, Nov 27, 2007.

Nov 27, 2007
  1. Prodix
    OP

Newcomer Prodix Newbie

United States
    Hey everybody! I recently ordered a CycloDS, now I'm currently looking for a SLOT-2 solution to go along with it. I've been leading towards the EZ-Flash V 3-in-1, not only because its cheap, but because it also has good support from the CycloDS (built-in support as of v1.2 beta?), and it also has good ratings and reviews. Now though, after doing some intense research, I hear of the CycloDS Mini/MicroSD series that has no patching for GBA games/homebrew? Then there's also the possibility of getting an M3 Lite or Ewin2 flashcard. Of which, I haven't been able to find too much up-to-date information on (for all 4 flashcards). Does anyone know much about these 4 SLOT-2 flashcards? Perhaps the differences, pros, cons, etc, between them all? [​IMG]

I hear that there's a lot of issues with SLOT-2 solutions, because of the use of patching the roms/homebrew before usage. Along with filenames and getting game saves to work with the GBA roms/retail games. I don't like converting things, as there's usually always some type of bug or screwup in the process. I'm sure most of you agree with me on that statement? [​IMG]

I'd like to also make sure that I can support even the biggest GBA (or earlier console system; NES, SNES, etc) game(s), of which, I believe is Kingdom of Hearts (32MB)? And seeing as the EZ-Flash V 3-in-1 has enough memory for that, it should be able to support that and any other GBA games/homebrew that is out? DSLinux is something that I wanted to try out as well, but I hear some SLOT-2 solutions have trouble with it (and/or other homebrew) because of memory constraints and/or issues? [​IMG]

Cheers. [​IMG]

-Prodix [​IMG]

2. Cactuar

Member Cactuar GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm asking to same questions before I buy one, anyone want to help us?

3. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    I didn't patch anything and they worked just fine. I am using a CycloEvo with the latest version of the firmware and then 1.9d of Rudolphs 3-in-1 loader with the EZFlash 3-in-1. You just put Rudolph's tool on the root of the MicroSD, Create a "GBA" folder in the root as well, and then chuck all your GBAs in that directory.