CycloDS Micro/Mini

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by layzieyez, Jul 9, 2008.

Jul 9, 2008

CycloDS Micro/Mini by layzieyez at 7:13 PM (1,388 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. layzieyez
    OP

Member layzieyez GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I just found an old CycloDS Micro that I had set aside about a year ago since no new firmware updates were ever issued to improve compatibility and fix some issues. I was just wondering if the cyclops team ever came up with one or did they just abandon all the people that bought one. I was mostly wondering since g6/M3 team still continues to put out updates for their slot-2. I know the product is a supercard clone. I want official firmware from the originator of the device to support the product they sold.

2. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    I don't think there's ever been an update, I checked the forums for CycloDS Micro/Mini and there's nothing new

3. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    The CycloDS micro and the mini were a clone of the old Supercard Slot-2 products. I think they just abandoned the product.

On the other hand, Supercard team still updates their slot-2s.

4. layzieyez
    OP

Member layzieyez GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It's pretty laughable that they are probably fuming over the EDGE card being a clone of their EVO card while they themselves cashed in on a clone. At least the EDGE team goes to the trouble of translating the newest EVO firmware for their clone product. Has anyone else had any success using any of the latest slot-2 firmware from supercard to run on CycloDS micro/mini? I don't want to brick my card because it's a actually a pretty nice clone. Sort of like how the EDGE is a quality clone.

5. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    I think the Supercard team started encrypting their firmwares specifically to stop slot-2 CycloDS users from using them. Thus, I don't believe you can just run the slot-2 Supercard firmware on the slot-2 CycloDS to get it to work. You can however use the updated Supercard patcher up to a certain point in order to increase compatibility, though I assume after a while you'll run into patcher/firmware mismatch issues. You'd only want to go up a few versions in the software patcher, not upgrade all the way to the latest Supercard patcher, as I doubt that would work with such an old firmware.