OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does anybody know if a CycloDS will fit inside a R4DS housing? I'm thinking of buying a CycloDS, but as the black ones aren't available yet (and no official release date has been given) I'll have to do with a white one. DX sells spare housings for the R4DS both in black and white.
Is there anybody who has both cartridges and is willing to try it? It's only 1 screw...

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They are the same size as regular carts...
But shouldn't the screw match the circuit board? Because if the cycloDS and R4 have screws in different positions you might have to drill a bit, and that's if there aren't any contacts in the way...
Other then that there shouldn't be any problems. Unless you get the NEW r4 casing, which has little... just look here:
http://r4ds.com/img/p2.jpg

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a black DSlite, but when I bought my R4, I got a white one. Doesn't bother me in the least. I don't give a damn what color the cart is, as long as it does what I need it to do.

As for stuffing the guts of a Cyclo in an R4 case.....I don't know if that will work or not. I don't have a Cyclo. My guess is that it probably won't work. There will likely be slight differences in the way they set in the card just enough where the casing halves won't come together properly.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would say a problem would also be where the microsd card sits in relation to the rest of the case. The old springy r4s had the microsd centered in between the front and back of the cart (if looking from the top). It looks like the new no-spring r4s have the same microsd location as a cyclods (closer to the back, still looking from top) but the new r4 cart has those indents on either side.

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The CycloDS chip sticks out through the case so you'll have to cut a hole in the middle of the R4, the CycloDS sticker is actually stuck to the chip. you can see what I mean in the image below.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1