CycloDS + EZFlash V 3-in-1 + GBA ExpLoader

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by Juze, Jul 28, 2009.

Jul 28, 2009
  1. Juze
    OP

Newcomer Juze Newbie

Finland
    Hello,

I'm very sure that this has been discussed like thousands of times, but I still haven't found the answer.
    So, I have a Nintendo DS Lite, a CycloDS with firmware version of 1.54 (Latest), an EZFlash V 3-in-1 and GBA ExpLoader 0.55 (I used to use 0.58b, but I couldn't get it to work).

I've got the 3-in-1 yesterday (Bought from shop.01media.com like the CycloDS too), and I finally got it working somehow after like 6 hours. [​IMG]

The problem is once again in the saving. I will tell now about yesterday.

Yesterday, I was able to run my Pokémon Emerald in PSRAM mode, and the saving worked fine. However, it is pretty tiring to put the Emerald to PSRAM every time, because it's only a temporary place to keep the games, and it will take like 15 seconds to move it over there. [​IMG]

Well, I tried saving the game to NOR. After a few fixes, and turning the multisave off, I was able to get the NOR to the EZFlash V 3-in-1, so I can quickly load it (Yes, I have a FlashMe flashed DS Lite with an automatic slot 1/2 boot). However, here is the save problem. Every time I save a game, the Pokémon Emerald says that the save data is corrupt, and it has to load the previous save state. This is why I need to save the game twice everytime I stop playing it. This happens of course very fast, as it is saved in the 4 Gb MicroSD card, which is in my CycloDS.

Is there anyway to fix this double-saving with NOR? [​IMG]

Now, this morning (Just one hour ago), everytime I booted my GBA ExpLoader, it asked me do I want to set this expansion to my console. I belive that I also have a dead battery now. [​IMG] After that, I am not able to save in NOR either, even when doing triple saves. [​IMG] It will report everytime that the save is corrupted or damaged. If I remember right, even the PSRAM saving didn't work.

"Plz halp".

Thanks for listening,
    Juze

EDIT: The battery isn't dead like I belived, and the saving works fine, except that the NOR still has to save twice to keep the changes made to Pokémon Emerald, even after using GBata to SRAM patch the game.

EDIT2: It randomly decices when it removes the save file... Grr! Note: I am not uploading the same game to both PSRAM and NOR. I don't care about PSRAM. I want to get the NOR working.

EDIT3: Sorry if this should be in "GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities". If so, please move it over there.

2. wookieface

Newcomer wookieface Newbie

Denmark
    Did you try with other games?, as Pokemon Emerald apparently has some problems with saves. Although I've got my pokemon emerald working fine (same setup as you), without clock as 3in1 doesn't have that , but it's patched with NDSTokyoTrim. I'd suggest patching it, and try with other games too, as pokemon saves are different from normal GBA saves.

3. Juze
    OP

Newcomer Juze Newbie

Finland
    I did try with other Pokémon GBA games, such as Fire Red and Sapphire a little, but I belive I had the same problem.

I will try the TokyoTrim now. [​IMG]

EDIT: Well, it actually worked a little. I only did SRAM patch, no trimming. Saved the game to NOR. I started a new game, and saved twice inside the truck, where you begin the game. After that, I restarted my DS, and booted from slot-2. It worked fine. I was about to say "Yay", when the game didn't tell me any save error. However, the save file was still gone. :wtf: Could can be my problem with the saving though. [​IMG] Thanks anyway!

EDIT2: Now I'm starting to belive it's the dead battery again. :'(

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica