Hacking CycloDS Evolution vs R4

godlyslayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got an R4 and the CycloDS Evolution looks pretty cool should i buy a CycloDS and give my r4 to my friend for 50$ ? (or less)

and give me the strengthes and weeknesses of both pleaase

yaynds.gif

marth989

Trophies
Website
profile.myspace.com
XP
Country
the only reason to get a cyclods is for the sdhc support, which btw only goes up to 4gb atm, and has really

slow writing speeds, i will probally never change from r4 to cyclods but once the 8gb card comes out i will

seriously give it some thinking for the ability to have pretty much every game at once,
biggrin.gif

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats so good about Cyclods?

Well, I tell you the truth: Nothing.

everything is good in almost every flashcart.

I will clasify flashcarts(using microsd) in this order cyclods-scdsone-r4/m3 simply-ezflash V.

-R4/m3 is the best if you take into consideration its cheapness. Full rom compatibility(including download play) but no microsdhc, no wii compatiblity, no ingame guide support, no homebrew soft reset, no full touch screen menu support and bad quality microsd slot spring. Clunky case.
-cyclo ds evolution is the best flashcarts out there. It has got everything working(d/p, wii conection,sdhc, ingame menu...), it only misses two features of supercard, realtime game guide and homebrew soft reset.
-Supercard ds one is the best value in my opinion. It's a bit more expensive than r4/m3 and a bit cheaper than cyclods. But it's got game guide and homebrew soft reset over r4/m3 simply and it misses microsdhc suport and wii connection that cyclods has.
-Ezflash V Is a good cart, very good if you can't get a good microsd because you can play even problematic games with hybrid mode. It's cheap and from a well known team.

This four options

djgarf

I Am A Raver
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
people are obsessed with memory capacity these days
thank god they were not about in the gba flashcart days when 256Mbit was the standard size and they certainly cost a LOT more than all the ds carts do

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Well the CycloDS Evolution has only WII -> NDS connection and SDHC.
But 10-20$ isn't really worth that.
And the R4 may get Wii -> Nds connection too after we seen that the R4 Team made 100% Download play support.

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got the CycloDS because it had 100% Download play and the R4 didn't. Now R4 has download play too. Wii connectivity could be important down the line, but until then I see no reason to change cards (and there's a good chance R4 will have added the feature by the time it's vital anyways). They are both fantastic cards. I'd just stick with whichever one of the two you got.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey