United States
homebrew soft reset
yaynds.gif

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're really looking for someone to test Wii Pokemon (JAP) connectivity...

Soft-reset from homebrew seems to be working with most of the expected apps so far. Soft-reset from emulators and a few other wasn't expected to work AFAIC as it also does NOT work with the SCDS1.

No breakages in the previously supported ROMs that I've tried with it, but I haven't tried many (2).

[EDIT]
Also, I added a suggestion to the official thread suggesting that they update 3in1 support to also support the new hardware version as they haven't currently done so, but hopefully will during this beta cycle. I cannot test this as I only have the original hw 3in1.
[/EDIT]

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ferrariman said:
It's supposed to work with all homebrew. It uses a moonshell code I think
It does, you can see the same reset screen from oonshell when you reset from homebrew. I'm sure that the SCDS1 does the exact same thing although they hide that screen.

According to TC they can get soft-reset to work, right now, from any homebrew that links against libNDS, most of the emulators do NOT, so they don't support soft-reset. (They also can'[t be soft-reset from the SCDS1 either...)

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jesterscourt said:
A shame it can't hook into some of the emulators like lameboy.

That definitely is a shame. But oh well, as long as DSO has soft reset support, then that's good enough for me I guess. Was really hoping for that in-game guide in this beta though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"