Hacking CycloDS Evolution card gives me an error on load up

Matt300zxt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased a DS Lite a couple weeks back with only a CycloDS card, had no games with it. I purchased a SanDisk 16gb micro sdhc card, formatted it with an SD card formatter and everything. I loaded up a backup game and for like a day everything worked. Then, the next time I turned it on, and every time since, I get this:

"There has been a save memory related error. ROM save memory support is disabled for this session. Please see the CycloDS website for more information.

http://www.cyclopsds.com Error code: 5"

The game still works fine, it just won't save anything so the next time I start up, I have to start over. I'm assuming the guy sold me a DS with a dying card and it's now essentially useless until I buy another flash cart, anyone have this error?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
try putting a square (or 2) of paper, or tape, on the sticker side of the cyclo ds to make it thicker, i remember i had some problem years ago, the paper helps push the pins of the cart and make a better connection.
good luck!

-
(i didn't realize they had a battery... interesting!)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@Lilith Valentine didn't i learn from you that theese ciclo cards use sram and do have a backup battery?
No, you are thinking of the DSONEi or longer name, Supercard DSONEi, that cart had a battery.
I have no idea how this cart functions because I could never afford one.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
(i didn't realize they had a battery... interesting!)
sorry, it was the wrong card :C

No, you are thinking of the DSONEi or longer name, Supercard DSONEi, that cart had a battery.
I have no idea how this cart functions because I could never afford one.
thanks!
the G6ds is another one with a battery
the error OP is having reminded me this could be a case of said battery being dead, but heh...
like cearp said, try the paper trick

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
sorry, it was the wrong card :C

thanks!
the G6ds is another one with a battery
the error OP is having reminded me this could be a case of said battery being dead, but heh...
like cearp said, try the paper trick
I feel bad for all 10 G6DS owners out there. Not because of the battery, but because the G6DS was piece of shit.
Still, this cart doesn't uses a battery. I went and looked it up make sure.
But I honestly have no idea what this chip is in the back.
It could be possible that any of these chips are going bad, but I don't know anything about these carts.

Matt300zxt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help. I put 2 pieces of index card cut to the size of the sticker as shims, wrapped a little bit of scotch tape around it to hold them in place. It's definitely a more snug fit, but it didn't fix the problem. I guess he just sold me a bad card along with a DS I can't use now.

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Thanks for the help. I put 2 pieces of index card cut to the size of the sticker as shims, wrapped a little bit of scotch tape around it to hold them in place. It's definitely a more snug fit, but it didn't fix the problem. I guess he just sold me a bad card along with a DS I can't use now.
This isn't a fix, it's a workaround. Don't worry about saving, use the RTS feature instead.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
That's a shame, sorry about that.

It was a very good card when it was being supported. But now, just get a good cheap one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself