CycloDS EVO + which slot 2 device?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by willz, Nov 25, 2007.

Nov 25, 2007
  1. willz
    OP

Newcomer willz Member

United Kingdom
    So I've decided on the CycloDS Evolution for my slot 1 device, but i have no idea what to choose for a slot 2? all i really what it for is GBA & Homebrew support and maybe the expansion for the opera browser, not really bothered about rumble. Please help me choose

cheers guys

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Choose the EZ3in1 and you will be set. If you really need more storage for GBA/media/etc, you can get a good standalone slot 2 card like the M3/G6 Lite or EZ4 Deluxe

3. PikaPika

Member PikaPika GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'd say Ewin Exp. pack. It's supposedly a lot better than the EZ-3in1. Sinkhead would be able to tell you which is better.

4. Kaos

Member Kaos Good show!

Australia
    I'm getting an EZ 3-in-1, because from what I've heard it's pretty good.

5. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    That would also be a good choice, but I'm not sure if the Cyclo natively supports the eWin RAM like it does with the ez3in1. Just an extra step I guess

EDIT: WAIT. If it's something from eWin, it should be automatically detected. Nevermind the above then [​IMG]

Try get the eWin if you can. I would say the software for the 3in1 is better (pre-patching ROMs is not that tedious/difficult), but the eWin is cheaper (I think) and fits completely flush.

6. willz
    OP

Newcomer willz Member

United Kingdom
    thanks guys thats brill, its nice to get a reply about this sort of stuff and not be treated like an idiot for not knowing, i think ill go for EZ3in1