Hacking CycloDS Cheat Update for Noobs

Darkcloak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I've been using the default cheats that I assume came with the firmware update I got off the cyclods site. I want to update my cheat list/pack thing, and hopefully the latest pack will have something for Black Sigil's encounter rate. Something like you wont encounter any random battles while holding down R or something...

The only cheat related file in my CycloDS folder on my microSD is default.evoCheats. Do I need to delete that file and just replace it with the latest uploaded file in the downloads section? they're all pretty vague.

Darkcloak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded it and put the user.evocheats file in the same folder with my other cheat file and I don't see any of the new cheats it's supposed to have.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You were right in your first post you are supposed to replace the cheat file in your cyclods folder not just add it with a different name.

Darkcloak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I replaced the user.evocheats file with the new cheat file I downloaded and it has exactly the same cheats as before. They have all these games listed in the readme and when I try to play them there aren't any codes for them. The same games that had codes with the OLD cheatfile still have the same stuff, like Mario Kart etc.

Darkcloak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did everything you guys said but still nothing worked so...I went ahead and read the FAQ on the CycloDS site then downloaded the Evolution tools and used it to compile my own file, I also found the Black Sigil AR codes I wanted (NEEDED to FULLY enjoy the game). If anybody else is looking they're on GameFAQ's Black Sigil messege board

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage....tion=tracktopic

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
hooo hooo
of course they are on gamefuck!
they are just a bunch of pathetic idiots, who took things from here without giving people proper credit
well you should just go gamefuck and ask them to help you~!
since they are so good at stealing things~!
maybe they can steal my copy of database with black sigil codes

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
elixirdream said:
hooo hooo
of course they are on gamefuck!
they are just a bunch of pathetic idiots, who took things from here without giving people proper credit
well you should just go gamefuck and ask them to help you~!
since they are so good at stealing things~!
maybe they can steal my copy of database with black sigil codes

elixirdream, calm down..

wait they stole your cheats, those moth...
smileipb2.png

Darkcloak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I looked on GBAtemp......FIRST then since the codes were removed by the time I looked (something about copywright infringement or something) I just found the codes on gamefaqs by accident while looking for some sub-quest info. I even thought MAYBE the guy who made the codes was the same one who posted them on gamefaqs.

DarkZBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am getting confused, is your problem fixed?

Here is what you need to do:

Download the evocheats file from the Cheat Database on GBAtemp.net
Extract the zip file
Drag and drop the user file to the CYCLODS Folder on the Root of your MicroSD.

IF prompted select "yes" to replace the old evocheats file.

hoist20032002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya GAMEFUCKS ripped off alot of elixir's,mrfatso's and the rest of the cheat code crews AR codes and did not even give credit due...not even one time....so i don't blame Elixir gettin pissed off.

leiger

Trophies
XP
Country
For the record...

Keep default.evoCheats in the CycloDS folder
Put user.evoCheats in there as well. You should have two cheat files there when done.

CycloDS Evo will search your new, user.evoCheats file for cheats for the game you're running and if it doesn't find any, will search default.evoCheats next.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed