Hacking CycloDs boots directly to recovery mode and fails self test?

AP Hacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great, just as the forums go down due to bandwith issues (again), I run into a problem.
When I boot the CycloDS, it goes directly to Recovery Mode, with the error "Self Tests Failed". There is a prompt to run the firmware from the MicroSD. When this happened, I tried botting it from the MicroSD however the firmware is fairly old (vB.4), so it was long deleted by the CycloDS when first updated. I then put the firmware back on the cart, and tried to load it from the SD card. Then the screen changes to "Loading update.evo.. checking integrity". I thought I was out of the woods, and it was all solved. Apparently not. About 2 seconds later, the screen changes to the normal CycloDS loading screen (Green logo on top screen with green bar on the bottom screen). Suddenly I get "ERROR: Self Tests failed!" and then it tells me to press A to power of the DS.

I'm an experienced CycloDS user, and I've never encountered this problem. Any suggestions/solutions?
Thanks,
APH/Poke.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried running it clean? Use the latest stable firmware, format the SD, and run the SD without loading any homebrew/games/etc.

AP Hacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pluupy said:
Have you tried running it clean? Use the latest stable firmware, format the SD, and run the SD without loading any homebrew/games/etc.

I'll try it, I have nothing else to go on...

PEneoark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, use the latest firmware. If it does not self update, hold down the select button when you boot the CycloDS. I had the same issue, and that was what I did to fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.