Hacking cyclods and ez flash 3in1 expansion pak

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just gave away my ez flash 3in1 expansion pak gba size and got the ds lite size.the problem i have with the ds lite size ez flash is when i save a gba game now my data always erases after i power off the ds lite.i never had to get the gba explorer till now for my cyclo and soons i get it the games still don't want to save for some reason.what i want to know how do i save using the gba explorer and is it possible to get the games saved without using the gba explorer because i don't really like using it.

i don't understand why the gba size epansion pack and ds lite size expansion pack have to be different.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
they are the same with different shells. when you boot up (if settings are defult) gba exploader will ask you where you want to dump the current save in the sram stored by the battery. when you load a rom it will ask you which save to load as well. you can only keep 1 thing stored in sram at a time so if you don't backup/load your save will be lost. if you have no saves when you power back up your battery is dead. send it back for a replacement.

-another world

DemonWraith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am new to this all still but I wanted to try to clarify- I thought that with the new firmware, you don't have to use the loader any longer, and thus wouldn't need to worry about anything saving to the 3-in-1. Is this correct, or did I miss something?

Also, I wanted to add a couple questions of my own about the 3-in-1 rumble feature. Currently, mine is quite loud and I would like to remedy this.
1- Anyone have ideas on muffling the noise from the cart itself?
2- If that doesn't work, I have seen that there is supposed to be an option for the rumble level, but I don't remember seeing it in the CycloDS settings. Do I have to get a seperate program to adjust this?

Thanks in advance! (no pun intended)

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Demon, If you are member of Cyclops forums, get newest beta, i think that they added the rumble level some time ago, but not sure in wich one of firmwares. I got option of strong, medium and low, and off.

FST, they are not different, may be that your old pak was defected, also, anotherworld pointed all relevant info already.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My epeen is very important to me lol