Hardware CycloDS and 3 in 1 Expansion Pack Questions

DTGS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just now opened it and placed it within my DS Lite....and I tried booting it up through (Boot through Slot 2) on the CycloDS...but it says "No compatible Slot 2 device found....

Can someone help me/link me to a tutorial on how to get this started to play GBA Roms?

Thanks.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DTGS said:
I just now opened it and placed it within my DS Lite....and I tried booting it up through (Boot through Slot 2) on the CycloDS...but it says "No compatible Slot 2 device found....

Can someone help me/link me to a tutorial on how to get this started to play GBA Roms?

Thanks.
you got the plus you can only play roms in latest gbaxploder until TC adds support

DTGS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't work...I'm on v1.51...I tried running it from the card (I have the 3in1 in the Slot 2 area)...nothing it says (No compatible Slot 2 device found) tried GBA Exploder thing...nothing either...do I update the 3in1 Expansion thing?

Posts merged

It doesn't work...I'm on v1.51...I tried running it from the card (I have the 3in1 in the Slot 2 area)...nothing it says (No compatible Slot 2 device found) tried GBA Exploder thing...nothing either...do I update the 3in1 Expansion thing?

DTGS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ichigosj said:
DTGS said:

Thanks.
you got the plus you can only play roms in latest gbaxploder until TC adds support

The plus? Huh?

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DTGS said:
Ichigosj said:
DTGS said:

Thanks.

The plus? Huh?
EZ Flash just updated the hardware of the 3-in-1 becuase 32mb chips arent produced anymore it's called the plus it has a bigger NOR memory and needs an update from TC to use except in gbaxploder if you want to make sure use the latest version of gbaxploder and check if it labels it a plus or pls

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Oh I had the wrong 0.58 version. The new 0.58b has "tentative support" for the plus. The disadvantage being that it still doesn't support the FULL 64Mbytes, though not that it is required that much anyways.

QUOTE said:
This version fixes a bug with the Flash 512Kbit save type used in several notable games and adds tentative support for the recently announced EZFlash 3 in 1 plus. It appears the support is the same and it will not support the full 512Mbit in available on the 3 in 1 plus this time around edition but the same 256Mbit/32Mbytes (such a feat requires quite some work to do).

Correct link: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4066

cfox1301

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i have the cyclo ds and ez pack 3 in 1 and I was curius if there was a way to download something to be able to play original GBC games,

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cfox1301 said:
hi i have the cyclo ds and ez pack 3 in 1 and I was curius if there was a way to download something to be able to play original GBC games,
yea i have it works pretty good it's an emulator that work without the 3-in-1 it called lameboyds Google it

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a few questions about the Cyclo+EZ Flash set up. There seem to be certain games which just refuse to save properly on my setup. Or times when my saves just vanish entirely. So is there a list of games that are notorious for not saving properly that I should avoid or is there something wrong with my setup? I'm using a Cyclo DS Evolution with the EZ Flash 3-1, loading the .GBA files direct from the Cyclo. They seem to work for a while but then the saves vanish. I'm reluctant to start playing games like Golden Sun or Final Fantasy for fear of getting half way through then losing my save. Suggestions please. I sometimes think that the battery on the EZ Flash was dead when I bought it but then there are times when it saves perfectly and works fine. Very confusing. I need to know if the EZ card is broken or something so I know whether or not to send it back.

As for the guy who was asking about Gameboy/Gameboy Colour games, Lameboy works damn near perfect. The only file I've never had working on it was Pokemon Crystal. And one of the saves vanished off my card for one of my Zelda hacks, but that might have been my fault. Easily your best option though.

Translucentbill

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
What i did for my cyclo and 3 in 1 is...

I put all my GBA Games in folders in a folder called GBA.
Then i put my 3 in 1 in.
Then i went to the folder with the games in it.
The roms will have a GBA icon.
Press A then it will load and auto patch the rom.
(This is with firmware 1.53)

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
that's exactly what I've been doing, Bill. but my saves kept vanishing or simply not creating at all. It seems to be random though. I've been playing FF6 and Castlevania Harmony Of Dissonance for three days and they're both saving perfectly. They never did before. very odd. ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte