Hacking Cyclo with EZ Flash 3 in 1

davrizio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like I'm stuck! I recently bought a Cyclo and 3in1 flash from Dealwoot. I upgraded the firmware to 1.51 before doing anything else. I am able to play NDS games fine. Though the Cyclo does not recognize the 3in1 for rumble support, opera browser support, or to play GBA games.

After combing the forums, I tried a few things...Such as

Re-installing the firmware
Checking to make sure the config file was set to support GBA games
Re-formatting the micro card

I tried GBA xploder (latest version) and I am able to play GBA games no problem. I have only tried in PSRAM though.

Would that tell me that my 3in1 is okay? If so where would I start Cyclo card?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help!!!

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe the connection from the 3 in 1 to your ds?
trying blowing on the slot 2 place (and then on the 3 in 1)
sounds weird, but maybe theres too much dust buildup?

davrizio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tinymonkeyt said:
maybe the connection from the 3 in 1 to your ds?
trying blowing on the slot 2 place (and then on the 3 in 1)
sounds weird, but maybe theres too much dust buildup?

hmmm.... I tried that, hoping that it would do the trick, but no luck. I tried the Cyclo and 3in1 in another DS as well with the same result. I also just to make sure, tried an actual GBA cartridge in that slot and the game played fine.

Also the 3in1 seems to be working to some degree as GBA EXploder uses it fine and recognizes when it It's missing...

Any ideas?

davrizio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
update your cyclo firmware.

Isn't 1.51 the latest? It was downloaded from the site this afternoon. I've tried reformatting the card, putting the 1.51 update on the micro card and updating the firmware again from scratch.

davrizio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple more things tried....

Using Exploder I flashed a game to NOR and reset the DS to see if Cyclo would recognize the 3 in 1... still no luck.

Reverted back to firmware version 1.41 (which is what came loaded on the card when bought) enabled GBA support (still no luck) and then updated to 1.51...

There must be something I'm missing... the 3 in 1 works fine with GBA exploder! UGH!

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
How new is your 3 in 1? I think EZFlash updated their source code to support a new hardware version earlier in December, but CycloDS firmware hasn't been updated since November. Maybe you have a new version that's not supported by the CycloDS yet.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep same thing is happening to me you have the ez flash 3-in-1 plus were just going to have to wait for TC to add support

davrizio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chrono_Tata said:
How new is your 3 in 1? I think EZFlash updated their source code to support a new hardware version earlier in December, but CycloDS firmware hasn't been updated since November. Maybe you have a new version that's not supported by the CycloDS yet.
It was purchased from DW a couple weeks ago... I bet that is it! I can wait knowing that it is not supported yet.

QUOTE(Ichigosj @ Jan 2 2009, 04:58 PM) yep same thing is happening to me you have the ez flash 3-in-1 plus were just going to have to wait for TC to add support
Good to hear I am not the only one!
@DeMoN
I can indeed see the GBA roms and when I go to click it gives me a "compatible slot 2 device was not found" message...

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davrizio said:
Chrono_Tata said:
It was purchased from DW a couple weeks ago... I bet that is it! I can wait knowing that it is not supported yet.

QUOTE(Ichigosj @ Jan 2 2009, 04:58 PM) yep same thing is happening to me you have the ez flash 3-in-1 plus were just going to have to wait for TC to add support
Good to hear I am not the only one!
@DeMoN
I can indeed see the GBA roms and when I go to click it gives me a "compatible slot 2 device was not found" message...
i ordered mine from DW 2 weeks ago to i just got it today the same thing happened to me when i click the gba rom in the menu i got worried until i saw that in the gbaexplorder it said it was plus but it still worked fine in the gbaexploder since support was just added give TC some time they'll get it soon they update fast

davrizio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[/quote]
i ordered mine from DW 2 weeks ago to i just got it today the same thing happened to me when i click the gba rom in the menu i got worried until i saw that in the gbaexplorder it said it was plus but it still worked fine in the gbaexploder since support was just added give TC some time they'll get it soon they update fast
[/quote]

I didn't notice the GBA Exploder identified the 3 in 1 until you brought it labels it as the PLUS for me as well... which makes sense now

I wonder as well if the source code update works with the CycloDS...

derfolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to add another confirmation message to this thread. I also bought an EZFlash V 3 in 1 from DW that shows up as a "3in1Pls" in GBA Exploader. Like everyone else, my Cyclo DS Evo with firmware 1.51 doesn't recognize the 3 in 1--not for games or rumble support.

Hope someone fixes this soon....

derfolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to let you all know that TC is now looking into this:

"Hello,

We will investigate it!

Thank you for your support.

Best Regards,
Team Cyclops - Tech Support

> Dear Team Cyclops,
>
> Do you have any responses to the people who can't use the new EZFlash 3 in
> 1 Plus with Cyclo DS Evo FW 1.51?
>
> http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=126850
>
> (Note that no one can post these messages to the CycloDS forums because
> registration is now disabled.)
>
> Thanks"

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
What the? How did you manage to contact Team Cyclops? I thought all emails to their tech support bounced. Good to see they are still working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)