Hacking Cyclo Evolution or M3s/R4

d88p

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,
I am new to the flash carts for the ds but I am liking what I have read about them on GBAtemp and would like to get one.
I have read the reviews but I'm not sure whether to get a Cyclo Evolution or an M3s/R4. The price difference is not an issue but it would be helpful is you could recommend one or the other cos I can't decide from the reviews.
Thanks
smile.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If the price difference is not an issue, you probably want the CycloDS Evo. The only thing that the R4 does better than the CycloDS Evo is probably sliding in and out of the DS smoothly.

bouzekry

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Which one would you rather have or if you already own both which one do you prefer?
i used both of them and my preference goes to R4 cheape, great compatibility with games, large choice of themes and easy to use.

the only thing that cyclo does better than R4 is the compatibility with homebrew as it plays way more homebrews than R4 but the last one still plays the most atractive ones and SDHC compatibility. Other than that there is nothing i can think of in the cyclo that is better, it's a pain in the ass to remove the microsd from it and there isn't much themes out for it yet.

I have the R4 for more than 2 months now and never had a single problem with.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Then why would he want the Cyclo?

There are lots of features that the Cyclo has that the R4 can't, but most of them don't really matter. If you want a feature packed card, then he'll be out of luck with the R4 (for now anyway).

Nobody in the near future is expected to use SDHC considering how expensive/rare it is, and how slow they are!

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
i say SCDS1
its inbetween in r4/m3 and cyclo in all ways
price, compatibility, functionality
it also has microsoftware which is updateable on the card since the SCDS1 used to have issues with FAT32 formatted microsd's
if it can fix that, then why not SDHC?

llxwarbirdxll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend the R4DS, but the main problem with it is that sometimes, the spring breaks and it becomes difficult to load in your microSD card. You can fix it by removing the spring, but if you have to remove the spring anyway, you should just get a Cyclo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night