1. DarkCoffe64

Italy
    Watch this game turn into a massive super hyped failure.
    I just got this gut feeling that tells me so... and a lot of hyped games that ended up crap as example, eh.

2. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

I think the main point is that the 2080 super is a high end card and the consoles have always had the equivalent of lower end graphics. I'm still skeptical myself, especially since they will have AMD chipsets not Nvidia and there aren't even any higher end AMD graphics cards for PC yet. Still, it would probably be a very good thing for gaming in general if it turned out to be true.

3. frankGT

frankGT GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    ^^
    I think only ps4 and xbox one came out with lower tier hardware, there was still a recession mind set at the time.
    If you go back one generation, xbox 360 and ps3 would shame, at release, all but the high end of pcs at the time.
    Keep going back and consoles always felt powerful at release.

And "at release" is an extremely important factor of this discussion.
    It doesn't seem fair comparing future console hardware with pc hardware from last year.

When consoles are announced they always seem better than what they will be at release, if we want to compare apples to apples, we have to wait for next nvidia and amd gpus witch will be out before next gen consoles.

Comparing tflops as a way to measure graphics performance between 2 different architectures is nonsense, and between different vendors is crazy talk.
    Games don't run only on floating point operations.

4. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    It might not live up to the hype and expectations, but I doubt it is going be a straight up failure or flop.

5. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Psycho!

Austria

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Cyberpunk, released, trailer