1. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Cyberpunk is highly overrated I'm sorry! This game keeps on getting pushed back and delayed at this point this game should require ZERO UPDATES this game should be FLAWLESS. I'm still not buying it for $60 I'll wait to see if I can get it for cheap or if someone can crack it for PC.

As far for the whole PC vs Console thing is the main thing PC has going for itself is the piracy. Logically it doesn't make sense to spend over $1000 for equipment and still have the need to pay for games if that is the case you might as well go and buy a console for the 3rd of the price and invest that extra $$$ in games. I'm not really a graphics or a fps whore so the current gen graphics are good for me. Yes PC looks better and it plays better but if I have to spend $1000+ on a machine just to buy games for it I might as well buy a console.

I'm not buying another gaming laptop again they are too expensive I'll stick with my G3 until it cant no longer take newer games on it anymore.

2. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    I suppose it's possible that AMD is using a more CPU-dependent implementation of ray-tracing, we'll just have to wait and see. Regardless though, it's probably not comparable to Nvidia's implementation, and I'm guessing that GTX series cards would/will perform better with Vulkan ray-tracing once it's made available to them.

You and MetoMeto...I swear lol. It can't be "overrated" when it hasn't been released and has no reviews. The word you're looking for is "over-hyped," and the reason people are hyped for it is because CDPR did not disappoint with Witcher 3 or any of its DLCs. It also looks like a dream combination of GTA, Deus Ex, and modern Fallout games.

Last edited by Xzi, Jun 25, 2020
    KingVamp and mightymuffy like this.
  3. SG854

SG854 If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It

Comoros
    Well its all just speculation right now anyway, so we'll see when the consoles officially release and have someone like digital foundry for an in depth analysis.

Xzi likes this.
  4. Goku1992A

United States
    Look at the Last of Us II and how it flopped that was another over-hyped game. That's a good thing for me because I can pick the game up for $20 for black Friday I'm not saying Cyberpunk isn't a good game it's just Over-Hyped I guess the more they delay the game and delay the game it makes me lose interest into it.

The game looks good but the delays are such a disappointment it is just as a disappointment as the GTA V expansion for the PS5

5. Goku1992A

United States
  6. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    Hardly comparable, I was never interested in The Last of Us because it's basically a movie with some very light gameplay/shooter elements. I also wouldn't put Naughty Dog on my list of "highly trusted" developers.

A couple of delays for polish and bugfixing are no big deal. It's like Miyamoto said, "a delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."

Goku1992A likes this.
  7. Goku1992A

United States
    I just hope the game is better than GTA V also the hours of game-play is atleast 30 since it is kinda RPG open world. If it was the old me I would have bought the game on launch but the new me I just wait for sales.

8. Jonnysert

Jonnysert Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    7 years earlier: Cyberpunk 2077 teaser trailer Today: Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay trailer

9. TheZander

TheZander King of the Level 7's

United States
    Can't wait to get this on stadia

10. Costello

Costello Headmaster
    Administrator

This looks epic! Great trailer. Cant wait for the game!

Xzi likes this.
  11. vincentx77

vincentx77 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You guys are listing crazy hardware theoreticals as matches for the GPU in the series X. The RTX graphics cards don't hold their boost clocks for very long under load, so those OMG 14 TFLOPS on the RTX 2080ti aren't realistic. The series X has a similar TFLOPS count to the RTX 2080ti, assuming Microsoft isn't fudging the numbers. HOWEVER, the XBox One X has significantly more TFLOPS than a GeForce GTX 1060, yet rarely does it ever beat it in any real world game play scenario. I'm sure both consoles will be great, but let's not start really bickering about how powerful they are until we actually have them to play with and can compare the hardware against their PC equivalents. Better yet, just play the fucking games and enjoy them.

12. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    and the modding. and the different graphics settings. and the insane customization that even extends itself even further if you get linux.
    and the ability to use as many controllers as you want with the game. and the insane amount of steam sales. and the fact that getting a gaming pc also allows you to use it for other demanding appilactions. and emulation. and the gigantic fucking library. and the gigantic fucking community. and the longetivity. and discord. and 60fps on all titles.
    but yeah its mostly the piracy.

13. shaunj66

shaunj66 GBAtemp Administrator
    Administrator

United Kingdom
    Can't wait for this game. It looks so ambitious. Really raising the bar here.

frankGT likes this.
  14. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

What? It's the biggest selling PS4 game launch ever in the UK. Just because there's a vocal minority complaining about the story doesn't mean it flopped.
    2080ti can absolutely hold its boost clock under load, in fact it can hold an overclocked boost under load if you have good cooling.

Last edited by subcon959, Jun 26, 2020
  15. Goku1992A

United States
    @64bitmodels
    For me I bought my G3 to pirate so for anyone looking at the PC they are saving alot of money after making the initial investment. My personal opinion for some people it would be a downgrade to play from a PC to a console because games look alot better on the PC versus a console... I personally don't mind because from time to time I still play retro games. When I play a game I just want to have fun I'm not really looking at graphics or FPS. Only reason how I bought my G3 they had a sale last year for $600 and the laptop price at the time was around $850.

@subcon959
    Here in the states many guys complained about the game... I'm pretty sure it is going to be a massive price drop very similar to Final Fantasy XV. I'm kinda crossing my fingers Cyberpunk gets a PC crack if not I have no problem buying the game for $30 once it comes on sale.

16. FGFlann

FGFlann GBAtemp Advanced Fan

DRM free on GOG, yes? Not that I would advocate being a filthy pirate. :ph34r:

Goku1992A likes this.
  17. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Again, that is a vocal minority making a big fuss about certain points of the story. I read somewhere that the game sold 4 million copies in the first 3 days, that is not a flop or a title that is going to get a reduction anytime soon. In fact, I'm sure that makes it the fastest selling PS4 exclusive launch ever.

shaunj66 likes this.
  18. frankGT

frankGT GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    Looking very interesting, can't wait!!

Just saw that its going to support DLSS 2.0 witch is great for me, i have a 2070 and a 4k monitor, so hopefully I'll be able to use good settings for native 1080/1440p rendering producing a nice result in the 4k canvas. :D

19. Payne

Payne Newbie
    Newcomer

Georgia
    Lol same

20. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

If you don't mind using VPNs and whatnot you can usually get good prices for stuff. I normally never pre-order but I couldn't pass up 1999 rubles on GOG. That's a paltry £25 for my most anticipated game of the last year.

21. Azerus_Kun

Azerus_Kun GBAtemp Regular

Uruguay
    lets say the series x is as powerful as a 2080 super, it will be stuck with that until whenever microsoft decides its time for a revision like the one x was to the base model one, at the time of the base one release, nvidia's latest gpu series was the gtx 7xx series, during the lifespan of the xbox one we had the gtx 9xx, gtx 10xx, and gtx 16xx/rtx 20xx, thats 3 generations of nvidia graphics cards, if history repats itself, there will be 3 generations of nvidia graphics cards during series x's lifespan, which anyone with a pc will be able to upgrade to, this isnt even taking into account future developments by intel, amd, things like mainstream ddr5 ram, etc

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Cyberpunk, released, trailer