Cyberpunk 2077 is getting a card game called Afterlife

Frc6kmr.png

Following in the steps of The Witcher and Gwent, Cd Projekt Red's highly anticipated Cyberpunk 2077 will be getting a card game. It'll be called Cyberpunk 2077: Afterlife, and will be made by CMON, who previously created both the Bloodborne card and board games. In Afterlife, which is a physical card game, as opposed to Gwent's digital one, you play as a Fixer in the game, and your goal is to obtain cards which will be used to take on different missions, and help you raise your "Street Cred". CMON mentioned that Cyberpunk 2077: Afterlife - The Card Game will be available sometime in 2020.

:arrow: Source

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Isn't it a bit too early to get a card game? Not to mention that just because something is popular it doesn't mean the card game spinoff will be.

Edit: But of course, money dear boy.

Reactions: brenokk and BORTZ

LucasM3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shouldn't the game come out first lol

Like aren't card game spinoffs usually reserved as no consequence in game games or a desperate attempt for the publisher to make more cash on a sunsetting game?

Money makes the world go round I guess.

Reactions: BORTZ

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Shouldn't the game come out first lol

Like aren't card game spinoffs usually reserved as no consequence in game games or a desperate attempt for the publisher to make more cash on a sunsetting game?

I remember the early 90s Bat movies card games, in a lot of places worldwide they came out before the movie premier down there.

I had a Batman 2 movie card deck.

Is about money dear boy.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So...those too poor to afford a powerhouse PC will still be able to claim to play Cyberpunk 2077? :tpi:

Ahem...but tomfoolery aside: cmon is actually quite a seasoned publisher of board games. Some of their works include Blood rage, rising sun and Lorenzo Il Magnifico.

While I'm personally not too familiar with their games, this certainly won't be an easy cash grab (ahem...unlike that mega man board game, which was made by a publisher they themselves probably never had heard of before :glare:).

If I had to compare cmon with a video game company, I'd position them somewhere in the area of platinum games: not exactly the AAA powerhouse category, but a strong reputation on delivering decent products.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free