Cyberpunk 2077 has been removed from the PlayStation Store

cyberpunk44.jpg

As if CD Projekt Red's Cyberpunk 2077 woes couldn't get any worse, the game has been pulled from the PlayStation Store. Sony Interactive Entertainment released a statement via their website announcing that the game has been removed until further notice, and anyone who wishes to have their game refunded will be able to do so.

SIE strives to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction, therefore we will begin to offer a full refund for all gamers who have purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store. SIE will also be removing Cyberpunk 2077 from PlayStation Store until further notice.

Cyberpunk 2077 has been the subject of controversy since launch day, with many customers reporting framerate, loading, and game-breaking bug issues on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. CD Projekt Red themselves even issued an apology for the game's poor performance on last-gen consoles, and promised future updates to improve performance on these issues. As of right now, there's no word on when the game will return to the PlayStation store, or when refunds will be sent out for those who purchased a digital copy.

:!:Source

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The game is not too bad. I'm playing on PS4 Pro and the biggest departure from immersion is the loading times. Still, it's not as bad as other titles. No loading times is just something I long for since cartridge based consoles. The amount of glitches that I experience aren't as bad as any given Bethesda title, but I am personally finding that the game isn't keeping my attention. Maybe it's the first person perspective? Maybe I just haven't played enough. There are little things I notice, like the inconsistency of the audio volume on NPCs' dialogue responses. Once in a while the tone and the volume of the voice will change too drastically. Clipping bugs are abound, but it's easy to tell that there is so much involved with this game. It is not half-assed. I would like to drive the car GTA style. Looking over the dash robs me of the control I'd feel I'd have in a real car. Too much to loot in this game too, I feel like I am too distracted from the story because of my desire to grab anything and everything out of the fear of missing something. The game is getting a lot of flack, but I think it's because of 2 factors--One is that they changed their production to try to take advantage of PS5, and then the biggest factor of cancel culture becoming such a tremendous beast.

That being said, I'm more interested in the lore here, than I was in Witcher 3. I just wish exposure to the lore was more natural, or apart of the story, than it was about collecting datachips and reading them in the middle of climatic point of the story.

It's more interesting than Elder Scrolls games, imo.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
They may have been better off just delaying at least the console version for a year, rather than messing around with these smaller delays.

Yeah people would have complained, but now CDPR has just become a case study in ‘what not to do’.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
If the store that you bought the game doesn't honor a refund, Projekt Red has offered a way for you to contact them to secure it.

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1338390123373801472

Eh, I got the physical edition on PS4, but honestly, apart from a few items that I can't pick, I didn't get that many bugs occurrences, and I actually like the game. The only thing making me hesitating to ask for a refund is that imho, I don't think as consumers we should endorse that kind of behaviour. I mean, they clearly saw that the PS4/Xone versions should not have been released in such state, but they still decided to go with it, and the worst thing is that I remember seeing a post from CDPR on Twitter a few months ago telling someone not to worry because the PS4/Xone versions would be of course less detailed and less beautiful than the PC/next gen counterparts, but not too far away, but those texture glitches, damn... I know they might have been pressured by investors and the board, but still, imho it wasn't a smart move.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
"what not to do" is constantly changing to meet the demands of social media. Also, if CDPR was Bethesda, everybody would be enjoying the glitches instead of complaining about them.

People have used Witcher 3 to be the baseline to make critique.

Eh, I got the physical edition on PS4, but honestly, apart from a few items that I can't pick, I didn't get that many bugs occurrences, and I actually like the game. The only thing making me hesitating to ask for a refund is that imho, I don't think as consumers we should endorse that kind of behaviour. I mean, they clearly saw that the PS4/Xone versions should not have been released in such state, but they still decided to go with it, and the worst thing is that I remember seeing a post from CDPR on Twitter a few months ago telling someone not to worry because the PS4/Xone versions would be of course less detailed and less beautiful than the PC/next gen counterparts, but not too far away, but those texture glitches, damn... I know they might have been pressured by investors and the board, but still, imho it wasn't a smart move.

If you want a refund, you shouldn't hesitate for "moral reasons". They already offered it. My point is that with so many delays and also having to measure up to W3, CDPR can't get away with what other companies regularly do.

I wonder if they released a poll asking gamers if they would prefer a buggy release or another delay--what would people have said?

Reactions: Ritsuki

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy, I mean, I know the graphics are downgraded, but what the hell is going on with this game!? I heard something about the PC version being fine, or is every version a bonfire of problems!?

I could be completely wrong, but most issues I seem to encounter are assets being loaded. I think they've had issues, as it's been built for next gen, with the new high speed access, current gen struggles to load everything, especially if moving quickly.

Likely the cpu too, it wasn't a good cpu when the PS4 or Xbox One released all those years ago.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
"what not to do" is constantly changing to meet the demands of social media. Also, if CDPR was Bethesda, everybody would be enjoying the glitches instead of complaining about them.

People have used Witcher 3 to be the baseline to make critique.

If you want a refund, you shouldn't hesitate for "moral reasons". They already offered it. My point is that with so many delays and also having to measure up to W3, CDPR can't get away with what other companies regularly do.

I wonder if they released a poll asking gamers if they would prefer a buggy release or another delay--what would people have said?

Yeah, I remember when Skyrim got released, it had so many bugs I had to stop playing it because it was constantly crashing haha. And at one moment I had to rely on unofficial patches...

Reactions: tabzer

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
they should have delayed it another year. this game is the new fucking crisis takes a 3090 to play it properly with RT on. and they thought shitty consoles could handle it?! :lol:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

th3joker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a feeling this is all apart of a internal fight between money hungry investors vs the developers coders and tester. Mainly to be a "i told you so" scenario and pick the lesser of 2 evils

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didnt they say a month ago that "cyberpunk is gold just need another month to "pollish" a few things on the day one patch" lol really they are trying to play baseball on a hockey rink or something :rofl2:

Rashka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Holy, I mean, I know the graphics are downgraded, but what the hell is going on with this game!? I heard something about the PC version being fine, or is every version a bonfire of problems!?
Stadia is working extremly well. Didn't played it on PS4pro, but on Stadia it works as expected.
It's a fine turn from CD Project to offer a chance for refund. Never seen an action like this before.

Ishzark

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I enjoy this game pretty much, even with all the bugs and glitches

I didn't expect it to work properly on my good ol' gen 2 PS4 so I don't really care about crashes(had only 2 until now tho)

for the frames: I played Age of Calamity, who cares about a framedrop? v:

Robika

Trophies
XP
Country
I blame the DEV's they knew the game wasn't ready we seen all the warning signs delay after delay. They should have made sure the game was complete to play on all systems and did various testing. Rushing isn't a good thing because this game was highly anticipated and they over promised and under delivered
Miyamoto once said "a delayed is eventually a good game" they enver learn

Crazystato

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I know what you mean. Cyberpunk was supposed to launch on the Xbone and PS4, but they missed that window entirely, and for what? The launch was a shitty disaster after all those delays. Makes zero sense. Did these game devs just graduate from DeVry University or something? I don't get it.

Play the base PS4 version, you'll change your tune. Even the PC version has major problems.
I dont own a ps4 but running in backwards compatibility mode works good enough for me.

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the game but on PC I've had more bugs than an average Bethesda game, its a good game but I wonder how bad it's gotten on PS4.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Bit of an overreaction I'd say. Removing it from sale on PS4s accessing the store? Sure. But it plays just fine on PS5, and I imagine the frame rate is at least acceptable on PS4 Pro. Looks a fair bit uglier than the PC version, but whatever.

I've been playing it since Day 2 (stupid mailman cheated and didn't deliver it day 1), and I haven't had any issues so far (aside from floating drop item which I forgot to loot before throwing an enemy in the dumpster). This on a PS4 Pro.
Graphically it looks pretty good and haven't had any slowdowns.

Only complaint I have is the loading times, but I can live with that.

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte