Cyberpunk 2077 has been removed from the PlayStation Store

cyberpunk44.jpg

As if CD Projekt Red's Cyberpunk 2077 woes couldn't get any worse, the game has been pulled from the PlayStation Store. Sony Interactive Entertainment released a statement via their website announcing that the game has been removed until further notice, and anyone who wishes to have their game refunded will be able to do so.

SIE strives to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction, therefore we will begin to offer a full refund for all gamers who have purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store. SIE will also be removing Cyberpunk 2077 from PlayStation Store until further notice.

Cyberpunk 2077 has been the subject of controversy since launch day, with many customers reporting framerate, loading, and game-breaking bug issues on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. CD Projekt Red themselves even issued an apology for the game's poor performance on last-gen consoles, and promised future updates to improve performance on these issues. As of right now, there's no word on when the game will return to the PlayStation store, or when refunds will be sent out for those who purchased a digital copy.

:!:Source

DarknessPlay3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haven’t seen a AAA launch this botched since Arkham Knight on PC...
Sort of, Arkham Knight was terrible on new and modern hardware. This seems to be shitting the bed on "last gen" which realistically they should have just said no to...

Still a 79% positive rating on steam though, Arkham Knight got hit hard with mostly negative haha.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I blame the DEV's they knew the game wasn't ready we seen all the warning signs delay after delay. They should have made sure the game was complete to play on all systems and did various testing. Rushing isn't a good thing because this game was highly anticipated and they over promised and under delivered

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s because projekt red, told people to ask for refund.. Sony was probably funded with request Sony has no choice but to pull it until a patch... Projekt done messed up ... at least now there more Of a chance it will be Dirt cheap sooner, so I can actually buy it

Reactions: Subtle Demise

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I blame the DEV's they knew the game wasn't ready we seen all the warning signs delay after delay. They should have made sure the game was complete to play on all systems and did various testing. Rushing isn't a good thing because this game was highly anticipated and they over promised and under delivered

Would definitely argue against blaming the devs. No doubt they knew it wasn't ready. Chances are management forced their hand.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy, I mean, I know the graphics are downgraded, but what the hell is going on with this game!? I heard something about the PC version being fine, or is every version a bonfire of problems!?

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't afford a game. And you're a patron? :blink:
Lol not poor ...extremely cheap.. lol.. I shop at thrift stores and flea markets for most my game collections and it allowed me to get a pretty decent collection for pennies.

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thing is, people keep blaming the devs. But I wouldn't say it's their fault. Everyone kept complaining about the delays. Well, here's what you get when you rush developers and complain about delays. The blame is really on those who complained about the delays.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thing is, people keep blaming the devs. But I wouldn't say it's their fault. Everyone kept complaining about the delays. Well, here's what you get when you rush developers and complain about delays. The blame is really on those who complained about the delays.
... no def like 75% dev fault.. it should Of been a staggered releases ..pc 1st... ps5 and series x 2nd and ps4, x1 when couple of weeks after the patch .. people will always bitch and moan but at least they would have not gone thru this embarrassment and have their rep destroyed by getting pulled by the ps-store

Last edited by djpannda,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.