Cyberpunk 2077 gets its "next-gen" patch, shows off improved visuals and performance

After a chaotic launch that featured buggy gameplay, crashes, performance issues, and a wealth of problems, the console versions of Cyberpunk 2077 are finally getting their long-awaited improvement patch. CD Projekt Red has already released nearly a dozen patches for the existing PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of Cyberpunk 2077, but a livestream today revealed a "next-gen" patch designed for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. A newly-released video shows off over 30 minutes of gameplay captured on both consoles, and the new features added to them.

CD Projekt Red touts a variety of visual and performance improvements, along with 4K dynamic scaling resolution, adaptive trigger support on the PS5, ray tracing, and some major gameplay changes. In the version 1.5 patch for the game, talent trees can now be reset, allowing you to change your chosen perks, and offering some new ones that weren't available at launch, while trimming ones that the developers found to be less useful for players. Another major change sees some rebalancing regarding the game's economy and loot systems, expanding on interactions with romanceable characters, and more.

A full list of changes can be seen detailed on the official site for the game. The update is now available on Xbox Series and PlayStation 5. A free trial will also be available on both platforms. The gameplay balances and changes will extend to the last-gen versions of the game, as well as Stadia and PC.

DodgyJudge

A man of weird taste it seems!
Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
I am so fucking mad right now there isnt 60 fps or 30 fps raytracing on serie s, it is clearly some kind of bullshit dont telll me they gonna do that to witcher 3? The fuck is going on here? I mean the serie s is 6 gb less and weaker gpu but it is not garbage it is the same architecture the steam deck can run the game at 30-45 fps and it is a way weaker version of the xbox serie with less cpu and gpu .....im in awe i cant think of anything else to say im just mad sad....

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
At least it looks like the save transfer process isn't such a bother. PS4 saves appeared without needing to do a transfer process.

Reactions: wartutor

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or just look at pc footage as next gen wont be better than high end pc systems.

But be a nice way to showcase your broken game in 4k and haptic bullshit rumble.

As if sony bragged about it, retroarch can offer this and it doesnt make a game feel more realistic at all, just more functions including the fucking bs led sensor lights that you still cant turn off and drain your controller battery.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are still playing this garbage in 2022? CDPR needs to just move on from this pos game, and start applying their resources to another Witcher game that features Ciri as the protagonist.
Still waiting for it to become playable. Same for GTA Definitive Trilogy.

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought it on release on PC, enjoyed it and didn't experience any game breaking bugs or anything that wasn't silly that a reload couldn't fix.

Gonna try the free trial on my series s and see how it goes in 30 fps -_- would of liked 60 fps but nbd

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I was gonna be impressed, but I don't see any "next gen" visual, especially in reflection using raytracing. To me it looks like old way to fake reflections in glasses, blury squary texture copy of current environment colors.
Watch dogs knows how to do it.
I was impressed by Matrix demo.

Also, anyone imagine a futuristic town with only 4 cars in the street ? we will have more and more. but that's not related to this NextGen patch, it's just my own thought on the future.

Yeah, it looks the same to me, no difference at all. Turn on the dynamic lighting, nothing. Appears to run much worse though, nauseating, one of the most choppy games I've seen.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So far, the "raytracing" mode seems to just reduce framerate from 60 to 30 fps with no improvement in visuals.

• Haha
Reactions: Cyan

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are any of the game breaking bugs/ glitches that were present on release still a problem or have they been patched ever since?

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Are any of the game breaking bugs/ glitches that were present on release still a problem or have they been patched ever since?
They've definitely been improved upon. I still wouldn't recommend playing on a PS4/pro because the loading times are just horrible. If you could withstand the loading times, but the bugs are the only thing that got to you, you should give it another try. But... I'm thinking the backburner is a comfortable place for it, considering forbidden west is only a couple days away.

Reactions: CoolMe

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For those people still hanging on to the past, this is significant:

Due to technical limitations of non-native DirectX 12 implementation on Windows 7, and the end of, or limited, support for graphics drivers, game updates will not be supporting Windows 7 after June 15, 2022. If updated with patches published after that time, the game may stop working on this operating system.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I am so fucking mad right now there isnt 60 fps or 30 fps raytracing on serie s, it is clearly some kind of bullshit dont telll me they gonna do that to witcher 3? The fuck is going on here? I mean the serie s is 6 gb less and weaker gpu but it is not garbage it is the same architecture the steam deck can run the game at 30-45 fps and it is a way weaker version of the xbox serie with less cpu and gpu .....im in awe i cant think of anything else to say im just mad sad....
Of course there isn’t - the Series S simply doesn’t have the brawn to pull that off. We knew this from the moment the specs were published. There are still ways to utilise the RT cores besides raytraced illumination, but I suspect we’ll see this more and more as the generation progresses. Perhaps eventually Microsoft will use some special cloud computing secret sauce to give the S a bit of a boost, but as it stands, the GPU on board is weaker than the one in the One X, it just happens to feature raytracing cores whereas the One X does not. It’s also worth noting that the Steamdeck is indeed capable of running the game at a playable framerate, but in 1280x800 - the Series S runs it at 1440p, quite a big jump. It’s currently 30FPS locked, but CDPR is actively investigating 60FPS support, perhaps dynamic resolution scaling could push it that final yard.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably should have got it for $10 one of those times from Best Buy, but it was just like an issue of not even caring anymore after all the deception and scummy marketing practices.

DodgyJudge

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Of course there isn’t - the Series S simply doesn’t have the brawn to pull that off. We knew this from the moment the specs were published. There are still ways to utilise the RT cores besides raytraced illumination, but I suspect we’ll see this more and more as the generation progresses. Perhaps eventually Microsoft will use some special cloud computing secret sauce to give the S a bit of a boost, but as it stands, the GPU on board is weaker than the one in the One X, it just happens to feature raytracing cores whereas the One X does not. It’s also worth noting that the Steamdeck is indeed capable of running the game at a playable framerate, but in 1280x800 - the Series S runs it at 1440p, quite a big jump. It’s currently 30FPS locked, but CDPR is actively investigating 60FPS support, perhaps dynamic resolution scaling could push it that final yard.
I simply think that not true that xbox serie s have not the HP with 900p/1080p dynamic maybe vrr enabled it can achieve a stable 60 fps with some minor dips note that 1440p is 77% more pixel than 1080p.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I simply think that not true that xbox serie s have not the HP with 900p/1080p dynamic maybe vrr enabled it can achieve a stable 60 fps with some minor dips note that 1440p is 77% more pixel than 1080p.
I was talking more about RT illumination at 4K, I’m confident it can pull off 60FPS if you dump other settings or use scaling.

DodgyJudge

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
I was talking more about RT illumination at 4K, I’m confident it can pull off 60FPS if you dump other settings or use scaling.
I was asleep sorry i misunderstood im sure some form of RT is possible at 1080p see Watch dog Legion on graphic mode it is outstanding!

Deleted member 445482

Antisocial behavior detected.
Trophies
XP
1.5 is broken on ps4. If you try to play the disc version of cyberpunk with the update installed, the game becomes corrupted and won't launch.

I can't fucking believe they let this happen.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, anyone imagine a futuristic town with only 4 cars in the street ? we will have more and more. but that's not related to this NextGen patch, it's just my own thought on the future.
Well, there is more demand for more (and even free) public transport. The game is also an alternate future, so who knows?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Le youtube face.