Cyberpunk 2077 gets its "next-gen" patch, shows off improved visuals and performance

After a chaotic launch that featured buggy gameplay, crashes, performance issues, and a wealth of problems, the console versions of Cyberpunk 2077 are finally getting their long-awaited improvement patch. CD Projekt Red has already released nearly a dozen patches for the existing PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of Cyberpunk 2077, but a livestream today revealed a "next-gen" patch designed for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. A newly-released video shows off over 30 minutes of gameplay captured on both consoles, and the new features added to them.

CD Projekt Red touts a variety of visual and performance improvements, along with 4K dynamic scaling resolution, adaptive trigger support on the PS5, ray tracing, and some major gameplay changes. In the version 1.5 patch for the game, talent trees can now be reset, allowing you to change your chosen perks, and offering some new ones that weren't available at launch, while trimming ones that the developers found to be less useful for players. Another major change sees some rebalancing regarding the game's economy and loot systems, expanding on interactions with romanceable characters, and more.

A full list of changes can be seen detailed on the official site for the game. The update is now available on Xbox Series and PlayStation 5. A free trial will also be available on both platforms. The gameplay balances and changes will extend to the last-gen versions of the game, as well as Stadia and PC.

micp

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here's something I didn't expect to see today!
Bought this at launch, played a few hours and then decided I'd wait for the next-gen patch.

Guess it'll have to wait now until after HFW.

Reactions: tabzer

ShadF0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Polski gównokod being so świetny it makes PS5 cry in shame as it has to render the wielka polska duma using checkerboard, like the good ol' PS4 days.

I see it as a Шin.

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I quite enjoyed the game when it released, despite the huge hate for it. But soon lost and desire to play it. It's quite forgettable really, it's definitely no Witcher 3, such a shame.

The driving, whilst a million miles better than anything from the likes of Ubisoft, is still bland and boring.

I also find the city pretty poor.

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
People are still playing this garbage in 2022? CDPR needs to just move on from this pos game, and start applying their resources to another Witcher game that features Ciri as the protagonist.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I thought I was gonna be impressed, but I don't see any "next gen" visual, especially in reflection using raytracing. To me it looks like old way to fake reflections in glasses, blury squary texture copy of current environment colors.
Watch dogs knows how to do it.
I was impressed by Matrix demo.

Also, anyone imagine a futuristic town with only 4 cars in the street ? we will have more and more. but that's not related to this NextGen patch, it's just my own thought on the future.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.