CyanogenPSP - An Alternative Custom GUI for the PSP

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Joel16, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Joel16
    OP

Joel16 Ils ne passeront pas

May 8, 2011
    United States
    Doesn't concern you.
    Purpose:

Final Version: v6.1
    Current Stage: Stable

[​IMG]

Video:

Changelog: CyanogenPSP v6.1

Code:
    New Features:

- Allow brightness control asset to be themed as well
    - Implemented font colors. No longer need choosing a specific color scheme for the themes to enhance font visibility.
    - Battery status, digital time and clock widget/date on lockscreen can have their font colors altered.
    - Added experimental ID3 JPG/JPEG tags. (Turn on experimental features to acces this)
    - New CyanogenPSP banner by preetisketch.
    - Revamped music player to mimic CyanogenMod's recent changes.
    - Revamped file manager to mimic CyanogenMod's recent changes.
    - Slightly revamped gallery to mimic CyanogenMod's recent changes.
    - Display USB debugging icon only if the USB cable is connected.
    - New USB debugging icon.
    - Minor changes to ME Mp3player
    - New music player settings lets you toggle lockscreen background on/off. (Press Start to access)
    - Lockscreen now has a little music playing widget similar to android. Let's you pause/play music while in lockscreen, without having to go back to the music player.
    - Revamped Settings->Performance->Memory.
    - Revamped Settings->Performance->Storage Mangement. Both of these are now very similar to android, in terms of looks and the way the information is displayed.
    - Updated app icons.
    - Transitioning color backgrounds depending on music genre.
    - Flashable zips through recovery! (The zip file should consist of a folder called CyanogenPSP, which will be used to overwrite each path).
    - Now uses nougat styled quick settings (just the design).
    - Added a small check for PPSSPP and Adrenaline
    - Allow wav, bgm, mod and at3 files to be played using music player.
    - Music player now displays now playing status when opening the music settings.

Fixes:

- Many major clean ups and code refactoring. Minimized the use of many redundant function calls by unifying functions, and greatly optimized for enhanced stability.
    - Fixed font color issue with time and battery status.
    - Font colors are now properly reloaded each time you change a theme.
    - Fixed lock screen not being set on startup due to some major code refactoring.
    - Fixed font color issue with digital time.
    - Fixed slight delays caused by using standard IO functions rather than SCE wrappers. This improved the speeds after opening/closing apps. No longer feels sluggish.
    - Improved directory checks. Shouldn't be any more crashes due to missing directories. Also improved the file checking code overall.
    - Improved performance. Used up an extra MB of ram for pre-loaded images. One MB isn't gonna hurt :p
    - Load a few more resources on start up. (Slower boot - better performance)
    - Music player only displays now playing info, if song is being played.
    - Reorganize file manager assets to suit updated icons properly.
    - Fixed ID3 genre list.
    - Improved file checks for animations and other assets.
    - Fixed music player misorganization with other sound files (example wav, MOD, etc)
    - Fixed mp3 time string.
    - Minor adjustments to how minutes are displayed for mp3 time string.
    - Removed pgezip, and switched to unzip.
    - Improved music player cover art loading.
    - Fixed settings/performance/storage - bar info showing incorrect statistics.
    - Fixed a minor issue with the clock icon causing crashes when changing icon packs.
    - Network code has been fixed.
    - Removed a bunch of code inconsistency and redundancy. (still not complete, but I can only keep improving.)
    - Use more SCE IO wrappers to slighlty speed up certain processor.
    - More appropriate function names.
    - Fix RAM menu displaying incorrect values.
    - Unified certain functions.
    - Minor adjustments to updater. (It's still broken, but I won't be updating it anymore since this will be the final release.)
    - Fixed language selection's controls displaying incorrect language selection.
    - Fixed getModel causing slight lagg when being hovered.
    - Fixed directory checks for PPSSPP and PS Vita.
    Old Changelog:

Screenshots:

Downloads:

Download v6.1

Download icon packs

Download ttf2pgf converter (simply move the ttf font in the same folder as the makefonts.bat file is, and click on makefonts)

Download Autostart PRX v5.6 preconfigured by kozarovv

Source Code

Last edited by Joel16, Dec 29, 2016

2. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Well, it does look a lot cleaner than iR Shell, I'll definitely give you that.

Joel16 likes this.
  3. Joel16
    OP

May 8, 2011
    United States
    Doesn't concern you.
    Why thank you. Ir Shell does offer a lot more features though IIRC. The thing is writing features isn't necessarily hard, the hard part comes when you have to design it, to make it look, and somewhat work like an Android device. I always try to retain that sort of quality and behavior so it takes up quite some time. The older versions however used to look like absolute shit lol.

Last edited by Joel16, Oct 14, 2015
  4. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Yeah, CyanogenPSP looks great for what you were going for. I kind of like the rough look of iR Shell, though. I'm the kind of guy that likes cables and crap all over the place. My taste in aesthetics tends to be a bit odd. I even have Mint setup on my desktop to look like Windows 2K more than anything. :grog:

Joel16 likes this.
  5. Joel16
    OP

May 8, 2011
    United States
    Doesn't concern you.
    Ah, the retro kind of guy huh? ;)

TecXero likes this.
  6. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Yeah, I guess that's a good term for it. I never really thought of it as that, but it makes sense. Oh well, I'm sure other people will enjoy this shell quite a bit more. There haven't been many good shells for the PSP, especially when it came to visual variety.

Joel16 likes this.
  7. Joel16
    OP

May 8, 2011
    United States
    Doesn't concern you.
    Haha don't think there's any other way to say it. And yeah I agree, most of the PSP's shells are half-assed incomplete lua shells that basically have the interpreter doing most of the work for you. That's why I took the challenge on writing it in C instead, and also I don't refer to it as a shell just in case someone thinks its some crappy lua thing lol. If I did consider writing in lua, I'm pretty sure it would compress my code to half or even 3/4 of what it has at the moment.

Last edited by Joel16, Oct 14, 2015
    Hargrun and TecXero like this.
  8. pawelosro

pawelosro Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2015
    Poland
    Hi!
    Here is my translation to Polish:
    Polish translation
    I didn't know if some of the words were too long so i used some abbreviations.
    Looking forward for release. Keep up the good work!

Edit reason: correct some typos

Last edited by pawelosro, Oct 14, 2015
    Joel16 likes this.
  9. Joel16
    OP

May 8, 2011
    United States
    Doesn't concern you.
    Thank you!

10. Arikuzo

Arikuzo Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2015
    Belgium
    This is dutch, I hope I didn't use too long words so nothing will overlap, I did the best I could.

In what context is 'GOT IT', like I've got it or more like you've got it?

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Last edited by Arikuzo, Oct 14, 2015
    Joel16 likes this.
  11. Joel16
    OP

May 8, 2011
    United States
    Doesn't concern you.
    Thank you, and that's how the 'GOT IT' bit is displayed on the Android lollipop welcome screen haha.

Also thank you all so much for the translations! We have 4 translations done in less than 4 hours haha. Two from here, and another two from reddit.

The completed translations are shown in the spoiler below (German still needs a few strings translated, have a look at the main post):

12. pawelosro

pawelosro Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2015
    Poland
    Hey!
    There is a problem with Polish version some characters are missing for example on screen it says "Wydajno" instead of "Wydajność". So ść and propably rest of the Polish specific characters are missing. Maybe they are not present in font or the problem lies in encoding, hope it is easily fixable. Also i made some changes to translation and edited my previous post.

Joel16 likes this.
  13. Joel16
    OP

May 8, 2011
    United States
    Doesn't concern you.
    Thanks for the heads up, there must have been a problem with encoding. I'll try to get it fixed.

14. PokeAcer

PokeAcer Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Wales
    @Joel16 A friend who'd like to be credited as 'Ciapa' finished the German strings:

{"Designs", "Hintergründe", "Schriftarten", "Symbole"}
    {"Tag/Nacht-Widget ein-/ausschalten", "Erweiterten Desktop ein-/ausschalten", "Startanimation ein-/ausschalten", "Spielstart ein-/ausschalten"}
    {"RAM verfügbar:", "verfügbar", "des RAMs genutzt"}
    {"Drücke Select, um den USB-Speicher ein-/auszuschalten", "Gesamptspeicher kapazität:", "Verfügbar:"}
    {"Keine WLAN-Einstellungen gefunden", "Bitte schalte den WLAN-Schalter ein", "Drücke Hoch oder Runter, um durch deine WLAN-Einstellungen zu navigieren"}
    {"Remote Joy Lite ein-/ausschalten", "Zeigt den Bildschirm deiner PSP via USB auf deinem Computer an", "Drücke Dreieck zum deaktivieren, sonst könnte das Programm abstürzen", "USB-Debugging ein-/ausschalten", "Sicherungstools"}
    {"Flash 0 sichern", "Flash 1 sichern", "Mehr", "UMD boot.bin sichern", "Speicher sichern", "UMD einlegen", "Eingehängte Disc", "Spiel gefunden", "Sichere 28MB von"}
    {"WLAN", "Energiesparmodus", "Ausgeglichen", "Leistung", "Bildschirmsperre"}

Joel16 likes this.
  15. Hargrun

Hargrun Support the arts! (The games, silly.)

May 22, 2014
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Brazilian Portuguese

I used the app while translating to try to be precise about the context.

Please, let me know if it's too wordy.

Joel16 likes this.
  16. Pacheko17

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Southern Confederation
    Oh, cool! I'll translate it to portuguese :D

{"Bem vindo", "Use o analogico para navegar o cursor e", "pressione X para abrir a aplicação", "ENTENDIDO"}

{"Navegador", "Calculadora", "Relógio", "Gerenciador", "Galeria", "Jogo", "Mensagens", "Música", "Opções", "UMD"}

{"Wi-Fi", "Segurança", "Tela", "Desempenho", "Opções de desenvolvedor", "Sobre"}

{"Temas", "Tempo", "Variados"}

{"Estilo", "Papel de parede", "Fontes", "Pacotes de ícones"}

{"Usar formato de 24 horas"}

{"Alternar widget dia/noite", "Alternar area de trabalho expandida", "Alternar animação de boot", "Alternar animação de boot de jogo"}

{"Processador", "Memoria", "Armazenamento", "Bateria"}

{"Frenquencia atual da CPU", "Overclock da CPU", "Pressione R para aumentar a frequencia e L para diminui-la.", "Frequencia atual de BUS"}

{"RAM disponível:", "disponível", "de RAM usada"}

{"Pressione Select para alternar o armazenamento em massa USB", "Capacidade de armazenamento total:", "Capacidade de armazenamento disponível:"}

{"Powersave", "Balanciado", "Desempenho"}

{"Atualizações CyanogenPSP", "Clique para, ver ou instalar atualizações disponiveis", "versão CyanogenPSP:", "NÃO-OFICIAL", "Endereço MAC:", "Versão do kernel:", "Versão OSLIB:"}

{"Procurar por atualizações"}

{"Trava por senha", "Trava por PIN"}

{"Nenhuma configuração de WiFi encontrada", "Favor ligar o Wlan", "Pressione cima ou baixo para navegar suas configurações de WiFi"}

{"Alternar Remote Joy Lite", "Exibe a tela do seu PSP no seu PC por um cabo USB", "Pressione triangulo para desabilitar ou pode causar um crash", "Alternar depuração USB", "Ferramentas de dumping"}

{"Dump Flash 0", "Dump Flash 1", "Mais", "Dump UMD boot.bin", "Memoria Dump", "Insira um UMD", "Disco montado", "Jogo encontrado", "Dumping 28Megs de"}

{"Wi-Fi", "Power save", "Balanceado", "Desempenho", "Tela de lock"}

If you use this, please credit me as Gustavo Fraga Pacheco (Pacheko17) ^^

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Wow, we did at almost the same time... Now it's up for him to decide :v

Joel16 likes this.
  17. Joel16
    OP

May 8, 2011
    United States
    Doesn't concern you.
    Thanks a bunch! I'll mention his name as he wishes.

Haha thanks guys! I'll look to see if it's too wordy later on. By the way is there any differences between Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese? If that's the case I can include both.

Hargrun likes this.
  18. Hargrun

Hargrun Support the arts! (The games, silly.)

May 22, 2014
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Well. I have some friends in Portugal, and sometimes they use words/expressions that we Brazilians don't, and vice versa...

In the end it's more a cultural matter, I think. (Although the Pacheko17 translation sounds like Brazilian Portuguese to me.)

Joel16 likes this.
  19. Randomdude0

Randomdude0 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2015
    Colombia
    Here, had some free time and did the spanish translations.

Spanish Strings

Joel16 likes this.
  20. Joel16
    OP

May 8, 2011
    United States
    Doesn't concern you.
    Ah, okay. I think I'll use both then. Even if it doesn't have too many differences, it won't really be affecting anything.

Thanks!, I'm actually surprised I've already got so many languages in less than 24 hours haha.

Hargrun likes this.