Android CyanogenMod porblems

Ziggy Zigzagoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an Xperia Play of the R800at variety, rooted but locked. (I refuse to unlock the bootloader out of fear for my warranty.) However, I installed ClockWorkMod using the Xperia App. I attempted to install the latest CyanogenMod for my device, but, even after I formatted the cache, system, and data and doing a factory reset, I got:

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: getprop ("ro.product.device") == "R800i" || getprop ("ro.build.product") == "R800i" || getprop ("ro.product.board") == "R800i" || getprop ("ro.product.device") == "R800a" || getprop ("ro.build.product") == "R800a" || getprop ("ro.product.board") == "R800a" || getprop ("ro.product.device") == "R800at" || getprop ("ro.build.product") == "R800at" || getprop ("ro.product.board") == "R800at" || getprop ("ro.product.device") == "zeus" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "zeus" || getprop ("ro.product.board") == "zeus"
E:Error in /sdcard/update-cm-7.2.0-RC3-XperiaPlay-zeus-signed.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Removing the assert check would only deliver:
E:Error in /sdcard/update-cm-7.2.0-RC3-XperiaPlay-zeus-signed.zip
(Status 6)
Installation aborted.

Does anyone know what is the issue?

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of those errors have to do with the build.prop file in the system... [it's the file that tells your phone what kind of phone it is, among other important things] Have you tried downloading the ROM a second time? It might have been corrupted somehow.

Edit: doing factory resets for cyanogenmod are usually never done, sometimes not supported. Instead, just wiping system/data and reflashing the rom achieves the same thing [a fresh start].

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like the ROM didn't download correctly. Try redownloading and reflashing it. If it gives you an error again, bring it to the rootzwiki.com forums (a separation from xda-developers with less noobs) and ask around, they might know whats up.

Tekken179

Trophies
XP
Country
A. CyanogenMOD requires a custom Kernel.
B. You can only get custom Kernels by unlocking your phones bootloader.
C. You can only install customized default firmware (custom firmware based on stock).
D. CyanogenMOD is useless for the Xplay as it disables the hardware buttons in many games and causes errors in them not working properly.

Hope this helps :)

Also: To get your phone back and working your going to have to do a complete format through SEUS or use flashtool to flash generic firmware version.

Even more Also: Some phones don't require custom kernels for CM7 mostly older phones, but i assure you custom kernels are the case for XPlay users.

Ziggy Zigzagoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried downloading the ROM a second time? It might have been corrupted somehow.
Sounds like the ROM didn't download correctly. Try redownloading and reflashing it.

I did that multiple times with different Cyanogen ROMS, all with the same results.

A. CyanogenMOD requires a custom Kernel.
B. You can only get custom Kernels by unlocking your phones bootloader.
C. You can only install customized default firmware (custom firmware based on stock).
D. CyanogenMOD is useless for the Xplay as it disables the hardware buttons in many games and causes errors in them not working properly.

Hope this helps :)

Also: To get your phone back and working your going to have to do a complete format through SEUS or use flashtool to flash generic firmware version.

Even more Also: Some phones don't require custom kernels for CM7 mostly older phones, but i assure you custom kernels are the case for XPlay users.
Kehhei!
Thank you. (No; I was angry at the fact that CyanogenMod is useless to my Xperia Play. Thank you for informing me.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
  • Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit:
    hello, anyone is able to create cheat patches for cemu? i have a simple request if anyone can help
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Rest in piece. Hope she rests well, she'll always love you too. :sad:
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Rest in piece. Hope she rests well, she'll always love you too. :sad: