Hardware CWF is impossible, i know... but what about 3key or Cobra ODE?

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi everyone!

I recently purchased an japanese super slim PS3 with...

Model No. CECH 4000B
Original Firmware: 4.31

... i know, it's impossible for me to downgrade to any CFW, no matter if i use an USB-Dongle or things like the E3 Flasher. Correct? :unsure:

But what about Optical Drive Emulators like 3Key or Cobra ODW? Will they work with my console?

And if no, is there any other way to run backups of retail disc games on this console?

I really would appreciate any king of advice :bow:.

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The 3Key is not super slim compatible currently. The Cobra ODE is advertised as being compatible, but it hasn't been released yet.

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the info! One last question: Would you recommend me to visit the PSN Store? This would sure require me to update to the latest OFW... is this a risk for my compatiblity to Cobra ODE in the future? I guess so, right?

... or i 4.31 already the latest OFW? :blink:

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
Cobra ODE is a completely hardware based solution I believe and so FW version won't matter. Newer models WILL require soldering though according to all the info released.

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Uhhh... Soldering... and costs aroung 100 Euros for the Cobra Kit. I doubt it's really worth all that trouble and costs for me, cause i already got an RGH-360. So, just for the few PS3 exclusive titles.... i really doubt it. I guess i risk visiting the PSN Store.

P.S.: Is the soldering difficulte? If it's really simple, i maybe can do it. I definitely won't let a Mod-Shop do the job - they always leave scratches all over the console-case, and the PS3 i'am talking about here is a limited edition. :unsure:

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
ODE is good, but CFW is best since you can do everything, ODE limits you with Games on Bluray, no PSN, DLC, PS1/PS2 (on PSN) and Homebrew stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1