Gaming CWCheat POPS on 5.00 M33-4

SylvWolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the topic hints at, I'm having trouble getting CWCheat POPS, the version for PS1 games, to work on CFW 5.00 M33-4. I'm using Rev D of CWCheat and the only other plugins I have enabled are the normal CWCheat and the updated POPSLoader for 5.00 M33. CWCheat still works for PSP games, just not for PS1 games. The only changes I've made recently were updating to 5.00 M33-4, updating CWCheat tp Rev D, and updating POPSLoader (as well as adding files for 4.01 so I could use it with POPSLoader).

Anyone got any ideas?

EDIT: Well, I think I've got this working. What I did was use the "cwcheatpopslite.prx" file in the ALL/LITE inside the cwcheat download folder (adding it to the "pops.txt" file of course). After disabling "cwcheatpops.prx" and enabling the lite file in the Recovery Meny, it seems functional. Not sure if it's perfect, but it seems like it did the trick. If anything goes wrong, I'll report back here. I hope this helps anyone else who has this same problem.

blicka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i was having the same problem as you, no cwcheatpops functionality. I found this thread which was the only one that actually said something other than "install latest cwcheat blah blah blah" So I tried swapping cwcheatpops for the lite one and it still doesnt work.... do i need to use that cwcheatpopslite loader? please help

SylvWolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa, never thought that this thread would get any replies.

On the matter at hand, I don't know. Using the lite version was really just a guess, and I don't know why it worked for me. Make sure to have everything in your "pops.txt" file and enable/disable as needed in the Recovery Menu. You could try out the loader file, I don't know what it does. I found the lite file by trying out different versions of the cwcheatpops plugin, so try some others as well. I hope that helps, because I couldn't find anything about this problem anywhere, which is what prompted me to post this topic in the first place.

EDIT: Also, what firmware are you using?

blicka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I just updated to 5.00m33-6, however this problem started when I upgraded to 5.00m33. I have tried everything to get it to work again, reinstalled, disabled all other plugins, tried different mem cards, tried with fatmsmod 3.71, then downgraded to 5.00m33 to uninstall fatmsmod, and updated to 5.00m33-6 to try the new memstick speedup. Still it will not work for pops.

SylvWolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, I really don't know how to help you. I wish I did, but if you did what I suggested above and still nothing, then I'm completely out of ideas. Hopefully someone else with a little bit more knowledge on the subject will read this topic, but you're probably better off posting on the official CWCheat forums or somewhere like MaxConsole.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
This is in pops.txt --
ms0:/seplugins/popsloader.prx 1
ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheatpops.prx 1

This is what I have for vsh.txt -- Just Hold and CXMB.
ms0:/cxmb/cxmb.prx 1
ms0:/seplugins/hold.prx 1

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Neither one works with me. I'v tried different setups and games, nothing. Default hotkey for cwcheatpops is still holding Select for 3 secs right? I've tried just the cwcheatpops plugin enabled, disabled every other plugin, even in game/vsh, still nothing..

SirSweeps

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pops.txt
ms0:/seplugins/popsloader.prx 1
ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheatpops.prx 1
ms0:/seplugins/blank.prx 1

Thats what I have ... I couldnt get it to work without putting that last blank entry on it (5.0 M33-4 & -6) ... I think it has something to do with the way popsloader works (I have the theory that it Ignores the last entry ... but hey who knows?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/nUrYC-wHwzQ?si=CIF5SWwWIx4sXmqH