Gaming CWCheat issues

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some strange issues with CWCheat. I have a patched version of Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley (ANiMeX's version), and I cannot get CWCheat's codes to load. When I hold select I get the screen to pop up, but when I press X on "Select Cheats" there's nothing but black squares. This is the only game I've noticed that does this. The game ID looks exactly the same (CWCheat displays the game ID ULUS-10458, which is the same one listed here), but I've noticed that it won't display the game name, which is weird cause Monster Hunter Freedom 2's name is displayed next to it. I'm at a loss on what to do next. They just don't want to show up (using gbatemp's cheat database). Does anyone else have any idea as to the cause of this?

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way CWCheat works is that it looks for the games title in it's cheat database, if the game isn't in it's cheat database then you'll be presented with just it's current ID but not the name itself. The same also applies for cw for pops as well.

To fix this non issue just update the cheat database to the latest version by downloading it from gbatemp's cheat database OR use PSP CheatUp(I personally use this) which downloads the latest cheats from gbatemp and allows you to update the cheat database for practically all of the different cheat plugins
Download PSP CheatUp

If it still doesn't show up then chances are it's just not in the database yet BUT there might be cheats for it released on the gbatemp cheats forums or other cwcheat forums.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vanth88 said:
The way CWCheat works is that it looks for the games title in it's cheat database, if the game isn't in it's cheat database then you'll be presented with just it's current ID but not the name itself. The same also applies for cw for pops as well.

To fix this non issue just update the cheat database to the latest version by downloading it from gbatemp's cheat database OR use PSP CheatUp(I personally use this) which downloads the latest cheats from gbatemp and allows you to update the cheat database for practically all of the different cheat plugins
Download PSP CheatUp

If it still doesn't show up then chances are it's just not in the database yet BUT there might be cheats for it released on the gbatemp cheats forums or other cwcheat forums.

I already had the latest version and there are cheats in the database as I checked with the editor. I also cannot use anything with Wifi as my Wlan switch magically stopped working one day a few years back.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What ID does it show? If it's ULUS-10458 then it should load the cheats for the game. If all else fails try reloading the cheat database(theres an option within cwcheat) or redownloading the plugin. It sounds odd that the cheats won't load if the ID matches.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vanth88 said:
What ID does it show? If it's ULUS-10458 then it should load the cheats for the game. If all else fails try reloading the cheat database(theres an option within cwcheat) or redownloading the plugin. It sounds odd that the cheats won't load if the ID matches.

Yup it's showing ULUS-10458. It's weird because the cheats work on my other games, just not this one...I'm going to try to install the latest version of CWCheat and see if that helps.

Yup, updating CWCheat did help. Thanks! Apparently it was so old that it wouldn't work with the game. I just updated to the latest version and everything was good. Thanks again!

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I guess it fixed some bug or something. I've never heard of CWCheat doing that but then again I always had the latest version(2.3)

Anywho, it was no problem and I'm glad I could help you
smile.gif

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vanth88 said:
Ah I guess it fixed some bug or something. I've never heard of CWCheat doing that but then again I always had the latest version(2.3)

Anywho, it was no problem and I'm glad I could help you
smile.gif

Yeah it was weird. I was running 1.9 or whatever it was. I hadn't heard about that either, but when all else fails, update the program
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)