Hacking CW Cheat 0.2.3 working Adrenaline 6-fix

yeshuachrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XjHKc1W7ab5b0XzvQRHwSVJSI8h6QMuS/view?usp=sharing

All PS1 games made from ps1 dumps will work. Some PSN Games do not work like Abe's Odyssey and Metal Gear Solid PSN versions ........ the non PSN versions of those games work fine.

Resident Evil 2 and 3 PSN versions will work, Chrono Cross PSN Version will also Work, a few others too
Create a folder called "SEPLUGINS" in the "pspemu" folder on your Vita and add the contexts from the archive into there, these are games I added cheats for manually, its not a copy past of the database or of a CW Cheat package, so not everything is there

Multi Disk Games for PS1 must have the cheats entered for each disk individually, which I've done, for galerians, metal gear solid 1.1, FF7,8,9 Parasite Eve 1 and 2 (the PSN Version Works I think for 1 and 2), Alone in the Dark 4, and Xenogars ................ Cheat will work with the Hard Mod Versions for FF7, FF8, FF9 and Xenogears (for those games I have not tested the PSN Versions) (Other games have been added too)

Only one PSP Game has been added and that is for Breath of Fire 3 .................. Hold Select for about 3 Seconds after the game Starts to bring up the CW Cheat Menu for PSP games or PS1 Games on Adrenaline 6 fix

(bad entries, may cause cw cheat not to work, so double check when you enter cheats, (make sure the executable file SLUS_XXXXX is spelled the way cw cheat shows it, again, some PSN Versions of PS1 Games do not work), most of these cheats contain game breaking fixes like faster text speed, or fixes to stop items from breaking in Saga Frontier 2 for example)

(CW Cheat 0.2.3 is the same as it was before, bad entries in the database, or some incompatible PSN games is what give me an many of you bad results, I took the time, to test everything that is entered in the cheat database out, you can go here for cheats https://gamehacking.org/game/88853 or here http://wescastro.com/codetwink/cheats.codetwink.com/psx/default.htm)

(Not all cheats will work, or will work at specific points, I did test each game, since I manually entered them all, so most will work for sure)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,
Reactions: zfreeman

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I would like to know this two as currently nonPSN and PSN versions don't work with this game
It worked! But the cheats 'have item ##' won't. Infinite mana and max status ok too, but if I activate too many it crashes.
Ahh, my version is original psn, will try with eboot later.

Last edited by MUDD_BR,

yeshuachrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the psp version of castlevania sotn which is in the psp game "Dracula X Chronicles" that is the better version (you can even google a save file, and use that to unlock the game without any level completion), because it has the sega saturn content added into it ............... I never thought about using cheats on that game, at least for me, it will ruin the fun factor................i have a hacked fat ps2 with a harddrive, outside of widescreen patches and controllers, for the ps2rd cheat engine with open ps2 loader, I just couldn't get around to using the cheat engine for game cheats, just because of no interest.

(psp games are easier, but a good deal of ps1 games, some have game breaking sections that require a cheat!)

Reactions: MUDD_BR

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the psp version of castlevania sotn which is in the psp game "Dracula X Chronicles" that is the better version (you can even google a save file, and use that to unlock the game without any level completion), because it has the sega saturn content added into it ............... I never thought about using cheats on that game, at least for me, it will ruin the fun factor................i have a hacked fat ps2 with a harddrive, outside of widescreen patches and controllers, for the ps2rd cheat engine with open ps2 loader, I just couldn't get around to using the cheat engine for game cheats, just because of no interest.

(psp games are easier, but a good deal of ps1 games, some have game breaking sections that require a cheat!)
You´re right, but for the nostalgia, and if you´ve already played SotN it´s funny some cheats (as max luck from begin and high stats for familiars).

yeshuachrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
("Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne Maniax Chronicle Edition", recently got a english translation for the ps2 ........... the japanese version originally had harder difficulty, but when it was ported to USA, it was made much easier with removed content ................. point being ................ the hard mods for FF7, FF8, FF9 on the PS1 are really closer to the original japanese versions, then they are just fanboy spam ................... Castlevania SOTN for example, did not become easier in the USA translation of the game that was released, however, the PSP VERSION of the game, restored the missing content from the Sega Saturn Version, there was not an issue of difficulty adjustment)

(cheat mods or difficulty mods, are sometimes, just spam, and really removes from the design of the game ................ take a look at chrono cross, it is epic fail for the difficult mod on the ps1, the game's design already limits your experience points and level gain, so its moot point, add that to the content that is removed, and you have "fanboy revenge") (there's some widescreen patches added for ps1 in the package in the OP, they work good for a few games, you can add more in there too)

(its a specific variant of critical thinking, that deals with abstract though, i.e. "spirituality", the USA found offensive because of its "diversified culture", successive classes in its legal system for the genetic handicapped in that area) (that has since been corrected, video games today, do not require as much critical thinking as they started to, and they do not question, the natural order of things as much either, you will also find more satisfaction in the retro market of games, then you would for, the current gen systems)

(I've found Xenogears1 on PS2, to be enjoyable because it involved a digital coffin, and that game got a difficulty ram...................the difficulty adjustment for xenogears 2 and 3 on the PS2, I've found unwarranted and, same as fanboy revenge)

Reactions: MUDD_BR

Sno0t

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey everyone, is this confirmed working on the latest Adrenaline and/or on Enso3.65?
I tried this version and i can startup the plugin as well as select a cheat, hoewver, as soon as I actuvate a cheat each game just freezes.
( Tested with Tomba PSX, Crash bandicoot 3 PSX, Tekken 6 PSP)

Thanks in advance and kind regards.

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey everyone, is this confirmed working on the latest Adrenaline and/or on Enso3.65?
I tried this version and i can startup the plugin as well as select a cheat, hoewver, as soon as I actuvate a cheat each game just freezes.
( Tested with Tomba PSX, Crash bandicoot 3 PSX, Tekken 6 PSP)

Thanks in advance and kind regards.
As for the latest Adrenaline, yes, still works. Ensö 3.65 I don't know.

Reactions: Sno0t

yeshuachrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
widescreen patch for saiyuki journey west works, the portrait fix cheat doesn't seem to, eye infinity also works (custom EBOOT, have to double check and test again the portrait fix cheat, just too lazy to do anything atm, sorry)

EDIT

you may need to add a "joker", which is another cheat designed to refresh memory that cheat is using, or another cheat ............... so if you see the phrase "joker", just think of it as a optional "mastercode" which must be enabled, not all cheats have them stated but there's some here:

https://gamehacking.org/game/88853
http://wescastro.com/codetwink/cheats.codetwink.com/psx/default.htm

EDIT

So you really need to tell if the game is PSN or custom EBOOT, and what code your using, I don't know much about it, but thats a good start

EDIT

(you can enter a shorter or longer version of the same cheat code, this I don't remember anything about, but I've seen some examples on the packs from google for tempar and cwcheat I went through a while ago, right now, I just have the codes I added myself to database, so lots of backtracking needs to happen)

(it may not be anything wrong with CWCheat that needs to be changed, so all of this could be, or is, just a false alarm, on inputing the codes to the database)

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Someone has a full database for psx or know how to merge 2 in 1? I've noted that one game don't have entry in one db file but another one have it.

yeshuachrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheat Address Range Test:

Cheat Begins with a "8" (this cheat below worked) (not using psn official eboots unless indicated in these tests)
_G Alundra 1.1 Greatest Hits <---------version 1.1 is greatest hits or you need to use 1.0 cheats
_C0 Moon Jump D-Pad Midair
_L D01DDA48 0040 <--------------this value is called a "joker" (all it does i think is refresh the memory on the cheat's value)
_L 801AC7B2 0003

tested this cheat and it didn't work, no "joker" (guess I'll add the same joker value you see above "_L D01DDA48 0040" and retest

_G Alundra 1.1 Greatest Hits
_C0 Have Secret Pass
_L 801DD914 0001

_G Alundra 1.1 Greatest Hits
_C0 Have Secret Pass
_L D01DDA48 0040
_L 801DD914 0001

I may need to play further in the game, to be able to use that cheat, after shops become available, its not that the method is wrong, just not the right time to use the cheat when just starting up the game, so that may be the case!

Cheat Begins with a "5"

Cheat Begins with a "3"

More cheats are broken, it may not be linked to memory ranges, because the portrait fix for Saiyuki reload (in the ps1 widescreen pack), is broken, and it was working before on 3.60 henkaku ................... even before 3.65, "CW Cheat" did not apply all the cheats like "TempAR" some still didn't work, its just more not working this time. A whole bunch of cheats still do work though, not sure which ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse